Thekthithm

What do people even do or like these days?

6 hours ago, The Original said:

You see a lot of tweets from Millennials and Gen-Zs calling for Baby Boomers to "just die already". Today's tweens really despise the elderly for some reason.

Yeah? I'm one of them. The thing is I can't stand boring monotone millennials or the elderly. The younger people at least have jobs. The elderly are being kept alive longer and longer due to advances in medicine and taking up space long after they've outlived their usefulness.

8 minutes ago, Dieter Stark said:

Yeah? I'm one of them. The thing is I can't stand boring monotone millennials or the elderly. The younger people at least have jobs. The elderly are being kept alive longer and longer due to advances in medicine and taking up space long after they've outlived their usefulness.

Well, you could always end your life at 64. Just giving tips. 

What do I do? Generally, I like spending my time falling asleep in mystical forests in vr. If I fall asleep in regular forests, I will likely get stolen and my belongings assaulted.

Actually I don't do any of that. Just wanted to contribute to the thread.

20 hours ago, Alexcremers said:

Everywhere? I wish they were. Electric cars make up only 2% of total car sales in Belgium. Are Americans doing it better? 

No, it isn't! Read and educate yourself, Joe:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scooter_(motorcycle)

Educate you self Alex in America those things are  called scooters hell even i had the foot powered version as a kid. 

21 hours ago, Alexcremers said:

I hope it's electric.

Hell no. Its gas powered. It gets upwards of 40 miles per gallon. I am not a big fan of electric  cars. Maybe in the future but I am not driving to save the planet. I drive an average of 30 to 40 miles per day. A scooter is inefficient for my needs. But a 3 door Veloster fits me, my husband, and 3 dogs fine. 

The public transportation system where I live, is almost non-existent. Nearest decent pub? 20 minutes. Nearest school 15 minutes. Nearest decent restaurant? 30 minutes. Nearest - only - library? 15 minutes. Nearest decent supermarket? 20 minutes. I have to drive. It's not an option, I'm afraid.

I enjoy doing a lot of things. My wife and I enjoy the movies, dining out and shopping. Our work schedules, especially hers, have cut down on our traveling, plus mom's recent health issue.

I mostly enjoy sitting at home and reading, listening to my music and running my trains. My wife likes to scrapbook and work on crafts. If I can live past my dad's age, I'll be happy.

On 1. Juli 2019 at 10:50 AM, The Original said:

Apparently "dad bods" are in vogue now.

That's because the rest is getting so fat that a dad bod is the new sixpack.