JoeinAR

Welcome to America Stefan

51 minutes ago, Jay said:

FOX News is a cable channel, meaning you have to pay for a cable subscription to get it.  That's a right-wing / conservative aimed 24 hours news station.

But presumably the fact that the parent company is News Corp, then my understanding is that would naturally mean everything else under that umbrella, all that other content you mentioned, is consequently affiliated with the Murdoch bias and agenda, same as it is here in the UK, with the tabloid newspapers.

14 minutes ago, Quintus said:

But presumably the fact that the parent company is News Corp, then my understanding is that would naturally mean everything else under that umbrella, all that other content you mentioned, is consequently affiliated with the Murdoch bias and agenda, same as it is here in the UK, with the tabloid newspapers.

I can certainly see why anyone not from here would think that, but it turns out to not be the case.  Fox is actually the most liberal of all our broadcast network TV channels.  Married with Children put them on the map for pushing the limits of broadcast standards at the time.  CBS is the most conservative of our brodcast network TV channels.

I'll also note that FOX networks and FOX News aren't even with the same parent companies!  Disney bought FOX networks and the cable network FX outright earlier this year, and FOX News is owned by "Fox Corp.," a division of what used to be called News Corp.

52 minutes ago, Jay said:

CBS is the most conservative of our brodcast network TV channels.

Who in turn, makes Star Trek, which is supposedly very liberal.

CBD infused Maple Syrup seems very Maine-ish.

IMG_20190703_113136.jpg

On 7/3/2019 at 4:03 PM, The Original said:

Many Fox-produced shows have taken the piss out of the Fox News Channel.

The Simpsons in particular has ripped on Fox News/Fox in general many, many times. 

I would say so. Its up there with Theodens speech in ROTK, I'd say.

And the music is a big part of why they work 

Fourth of July in the US was nice. Went to the beach, saw the fireworks.

But restrained compared to how we do things back home though 

1562296811734.jpg

4 hours ago, Quintus said:

Anyone else completely serious when they say the president's speech in ID4 is one of the great movie speeches? Like, unironically. I mean, every time I hear it, Pullman's impassioned gruff, the slow swelling music, the message..  it makes me proud to be an American.

The president in Armageddon gets a good one too. 

No.

July 2nd they arrive

July 3rd they attack

July 4th is... INDEPENDENCE DAY

Stefan lost a hell of a lot of weight compared to how we used to see him in pics a decade ago. But he also cycles a lot these days, so perhaps it's a perfectly healthy weight. But to us lot it can just appear to be a drastic physical change, hence Justin's comment.

17 minutes ago, Quintus said:

Stefan lost a hell of a lot of weight compared to how we used to see him in pics a decade ago. But he also cycles a lot these days, so perhaps it's a perfectly healthy weight. But to us lot it can just appear to be a drastic physical change, hence Justin's comment.

I'm down to about 60 kilo's (132 lbs) right now.

4 hours ago, Stefancos said:

I'm down to about 60 kilo's (132 lbs) right now.

But are you healthy and feeling well? Outside of your condition, how do you feel?