SPOILER TALK: Spider-man: Far From Home

Jay

I don't know if enough people here care to warrant a thread worth of discussion, but I can always just merge into the MCU thread if there isn't enough.

I'll post my thoughts once I have them collected, but if anybody else wants to start, go!

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Marvel has this awful habit of creating running gags in their films that just aren’t that funny - “Peter tingle”

Seeing the movie in a few minutes.  I looked back through Box Office Mojo and figured out this is the first Independence Day opener I’ve seen in a cinema since War of the Worlds in 2005.

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/weekends/july-4th.htm

Disco Stu didn't see Spielberg's BFG in the theaters!?  My world is shook...

13 hours ago, Alex said:

Marvel has this awful habit of creating running gags in their films that just aren’t that funny - “Peter tingle”

You don't have peter tingle.

8 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

I did!  Overlooked that one.  Darn.

No its a belmish in SS filmography.

For me the best moments are the quiet ones. I can honestly say that in all 3 live Spiderman iterations each succeeds best in the intimate character moments and all 3 have great chemistry with their loves

Yes, that's true. Peter Parker moments tend to be the best things in those films and this one is yet the best example of this.

Karol

I honestly thought Tom Holland and Zendaya has no chemistry.

Maybe it’s because I just don’t like Tom Holland... but still.

18 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

I like Holland a lot in the role.  But his crush on MJ never felt real, just like a plot device.

You were a teenager once I presume?  Crushes and infatuations come and go fleetingly in that age.  Hell, just look at the example that occurred in the film itself for a perfect example.

It definitely seemed a bit rushed and there wasn't much on Peter's side to justify his "love" for MJ, but I think her feelings for him were very well set up in Homecoming with her constantly following him around and being off-putting to him to mask her true feelings.