Mike Matessino's Indiana Jones

Jurassic Shark

21 hours ago, Nick Parker said:

I'm not gonna watch Black Dynamite and get pissed off at its caricatures and lack of nuance (a little different since it was actually made by black people, but it's an homage to a very different era of sensibilities all the same).

I'm not surprised there is a bit of defensiveness in your response to my response but I appreciate you wanting to dialogue.

He should make "The Last Crusade" sound like Dan Wallin was never involved with the recording. Enough said.

Also, is there anywhere I can listen to the original TLC OST before the 2008 set was released? I heard that it sounds way different.

I really can't relate to any opinion that thinks TLC sounds good, in any universe. It's a murky recording and flat mix, easily the worst in the series (and it's especially noticeable after its two brilliantly recorded predecessors). Even though it's a very different score, much of that trademark Indy sparkle is lost, drowned out by the muddy brass. Frankly, it sounds borderline monaural. 

Not that KOTCS is much better, but at least it doesn't like the score was recorded to a tape cassette. 

I would have no qualms whatsoever with Mike going back to the multi-tracks (if they exist) and re-mixing the score with improved sonics, but I doubt it'll happen. I think the recording itself is the main culprit and nothing can fix that. 

I know the sound of the toilet bowl bootleg well, but when I listen out for the cues in the film, they don't all sound... that much better.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Raiders of the SoundtrArk said:

Did he answer yesterday? Please tell me he has....

This morning, unfortunately. But hey, the silver lining is he’s discussed it. So it has been talked about, so that should be hopeful.

25 minutes ago, bruce marshall said:

Screenshot_2021-03-30-19-56-05~2.png

Man, just stop killing him!

1 hour ago, Brando said:

This morning, unfortunately. But hey, the silver lining is he’s discussed it. So it has been talked about, so that should be hopeful.

Agree. Just was hoping for some april fool where he said the contrary.;)

"Hi Mike. My name is Bruce and I'm glad you're not wasting precious time redoing scores that have received satisfactory expansions.

I hope to see your efforts aimed at the MANY scores that have never been released in ANY form or are in dire need of new versions"

Screenshot_2021-04-01-19-04-48~4.png

'Discussed but not in the works right now' has to be one of the most frustrating and patronising states of affairs for a landmark JW score. (patronising on Disney's part, of course, not MM)

Unless they're waiting for a mythical 5th movie to come out and tie in with complete versions... what on earth are they waiting for? The only situation I can fathom is either Disney insists on doing it themselves but has other priorities (in which case they need to pull their heads out of their asses and let a speciality label do it), or JW for some reason doesn't want them expanded further.

8 hours ago, Alan said:

For now I'm just happy that they have been discussed. Surely a question of "when" and not "if" :)

I actually think it bodes well for the potential of JW scoring Indy 5. Maybe the discussion centred around holding off on an Indy box until Williams finished the final Indy score.

What I don't understand is if Disney isn't interested, why not just license it out to Intrada?

So hopefully the decision came from JW/his team and they're just holding off until Indy 5.

9 hours ago, Chewy said:

Very sad :( Now do you think he would answer too if we were asking about Star Wars? I don't think we should ask though, don't want to be disappointed.

Someone did mention this when I told them, and my response was “I feel like that’s one thing he gets asked about a lot since it’s SW, and I feel like(which I could be wrong)he might not be asked about Indy as much”. But also, Manakin Skywalker pointed out that even if he was working on it, he couldn’t tell us, since he’s bound by a contract.

17 minutes ago, Jurassic Shark said:

I guess new releases won't happen before Concord's licence expires.

I doubt they have any active licence. Everything would have reverted to Disney now. 

Just now, Jurassic Shark said:

If they didn't have a license, Amazon wouldn't still be selling the individual releases.

You mean the releases that ALREADY WERE EXPANDED?

Does that answer the question " what are they waiting for?".

Didn't think it would😒

" what the fuck is keeping these scores from being expanded, SPITE?"

15 hours ago, Bayesian said:

Otherwise, we’re going to have to start a Twitter campaign or something to shame you into doing this, since it’s probably the only thing you’ll respond to.

Good luck with that!

I'm sure Disney is

is terrified#