21 hours ago, Nick Parker said:

I'm not gonna watch Black Dynamite and get pissed off at its caricatures and lack of nuance (a little different since it was actually made by black people, but it's an homage to a very different era of sensibilities all the same).

I'm not surprised there is a bit of defensiveness in your response to my response but I appreciate you wanting to dialogue.

He should make "The Last Crusade" sound like Dan Wallin was never involved with the recording. Enough said.

Also, is there anywhere I can listen to the original TLC OST before the 2008 set was released? I heard that it sounds way different.

I really can't relate to any opinion that thinks TLC sounds good, in any universe. It's a murky recording and flat mix, easily the worst in the series (and it's especially noticeable after its two brilliantly recorded predecessors). Even though it's a very different score, much of that trademark Indy sparkle is lost, drowned out by the muddy brass. Frankly, it sounds borderline monaural. 

Not that KOTCS is much better, but at least it doesn't like the score was recorded to a tape cassette. 

I would have no qualms whatsoever with Mike going back to the multi-tracks (if they exist) and re-mixing the score with improved sonics, but I doubt it'll happen. I think the recording itself is the main culprit and nothing can fix that. 

I know the sound of the toilet bowl bootleg well, but when I listen out for the cues in the film, they don't all sound... that much better.