Your Favourite Unreleased Tracks.

So...you've just got your brand spanking-new Expanded/C+C/Special Edition of one of your favourite scores.

Which track(s) are you looking forward to hearing, the most?

Think back; which track(s) gave you that frisson, that chill, that told you that you'd soon be listening to a longed-for cue?

How did you feel after hearing it, and was it worth it?

There are so many unreleased cues that I’ve wanted to hear so I’ll just mention a few:

- The Rescue of Sirius from HP3

- Portkey & The Goblet of Fire Reveal from HP4

- Jack and Becket from POTC3

- Butterfly Comb & Trapped on D-Deck from Titanic

- Hogsmeade & Statues (film version) from HP8

- The Writing on the Wall from HP2

- The Floating Mountains from Avatar

- Quantifiable Connection from Interstellar

Good point, has Horner's Universal logo ever been officially released somewhere? It happens to be my favorite.

The entire half of Revenge of the Sith that was unreleased - It Can't Be, the music for Obi Wan's Utapau adventure - leaving Coruscant, arriving on Utapau, leaving Utapau, I am the Senate, parts of the Mustafar duel that were left out, film mixes of cues etc. etc. 

Jesus, these prequel scores needed two disc releases upfront!

14 minutes ago, mstrox said:

I have so few grails left that I can't actually think of an unreleased track I'm dying for.  #blessed 

Well, ain’t you lucky!

3 hours ago, Holko said:

Good point, has Horner's Universal logo ever been officially released somewhere? It happens to be my favorite.

54E6BE6E-0FFB-4DF7-B805-17979185095B.gif

How do you know what to call them if they are unreleased?

Ezra's Backup (00:00-00:55) & Purrgil Arrive (00:55-End) from the Star Wars Rebels finale Family Reunion - and Farewell, both by David Glen Russell, one of the additional composers. Easily my favourite cues from any score!

Does it count if these haven't yet even had an original soundtrack release or is this restricted to cues missed off OSTs?

• 2 weeks later...

Urrrgh why can't a clean version of this far preferable alternate be available? This is one beautiful little performance of it too. I've scoured the internet, it doesn't exist on there. Nobody has recorded it sans soprano.

Underrated top 10 greatest ever Williams theme.

Random choice perhaps. But it was a crime that the full version of this track never saw any release anywhere.

Perhaps because it was done by someone else, since it sounds so different from the rest of the score.