• 4 stars
    • 3,5 stars
    • 3 stars
    • 2,5 stars
    • 2 stars
    • 1,5 stars
    • 1 star
    • I don't own this score.

Well, who owns this album? If you do, give us your honest opinion on this! 

Personally, I don't have this (yet). But I'm thinking of getting it, mostly for completeness' sake. 

images (4).jpeg

1 hour ago, Smeltington said:

and the title font as well.

Looks amateurish, somehow. Like it was done with Microsoft Word or something. 

Yeah not the most professional looking presentation. And that's all I can comment on since I haven't heard it  :P  Hey at least the music's out there, that's what we really care about, right?

2 minutes ago, Smeltington said:

Hey at least the music's out there, that's what we really care about, right?

Exactly! 

Anyway, I'll probably get this. Even though I'll probably listen to it only once or twice... Ever. 😅

A 2. It's fine for a crime jazz score, but rather interchangeable with other, similarly-themed scores he did at the time. It has the same DNA as his score for Altman's KRAFT SUSPENSE episode "Once Upon a Savage Night" -- which isn't so strange, since they're very much linked. As for the cover, you have to work with what you've got. The pilot has never been released, only aired once way back when and is not available for public viewing anywhere. To my frustration, I've never found it myself, and assume the pic is taken from a rare video found by Jeff Eldridge or someone at a video library somewhere. Or maybe press material.

It's worth noting that untill PETE'N'TILLIE was released as bonus material on the expanded STANLEY & IRIS, NIGHTWATCH was the last, previously unavailable Williams score released. 6 years passed between them -- 2011 to 2017. I wonder how long we'll have to wait untill the next.

Wonder if that new restoration will revarnish it, making it not-actually-night again. It's a big question I assume.

3 minutes ago, Bespin said:

In this score you will notice an « imperial » motive that will be developped many years later! 😉

Where would that be? Haven't noticed this myself.

Sorry, there is no "Mercy" track on the album. :D

But seriously, if you have a track or timestamp for where this alleged "Imperial March" motif pops up, I'd be curious to know.

I didn’t wrote « imperial march », I wrote « imperial motive » and no, I will not provide you a track number and a timestamp you lazy sod!