What would you do if you had a chance to meet John Williams?

billybobab

I read the article on the home page the other day about the guy that meet John Williams, and it made me think of what I would do if I ever meet him. So, I pose the question What would you do if you had a chance to meet John Williams. Some of you have had a chance to, but most of us have not.

Myself, if I ever meet him, I will have him sign my trumpet with a gold colored pen. My trumpet is silver plated, so gold would go well with it. I also would have him sign my program, if it was a concert. So, how about everyone else?

Billybobab

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"John.....why no use of the Moog Synthesiser in Schindlers List? :roll: "

And last but not least :

"WHY WHY are those happy smiling faces gingerbread men songs on Home Alone? :) "

I would have him sign a pict or program for me and then i'd have him sign something for the school i teach in and just tell him that his music is so spectacular and that i teach about him in my elem. school..

kind of gooshy but oh well.

Please, Mr Williams, arrange concert suites of the following:

Force Theme

Trade Federation March

Grail Theme

Ark Theme

And where the hell are the expanded releases for the Indy Scores, Harry potter and Hook?

I would ask him for a picture and to sign a couple things, and just tell him how much I appreciate him and his music and how it has so positively affected my life. Rather than begging him for things he probably has no control over an gets pestered about all the time.

Ray Barnsbury-who would actually probably end up stammering something unintelligible :oops:

I would say unto him, "Dude, I thought you retired. Didn't you put anything away for your golden years? Man, I'm gonna have to work until I've been dead for five years before I can retire."

Bruckhorn, who met herr maestro twelve years ago and treated him with the respect due him. Didn't get an autograph, but I did shake his hand and I have the concert on tape. Shhh, don't tell anyone I said that last part.

Didn't get an autograph, but I did shake his hand and I have the concert on tape. Shhh, don't tell anyone I said that last part.

Me too Me too!!

I would have given him a big hug! I'd imagine he'd be uncomfortable for a fan to actually bear hug him.

As much as we would like, I doubt he would sign 130 CDs, but maybe we at the boards should fund a research team to find the life elixer and force it down his throat if he doesn't want it. Then we could have him forever.

I thought of smething else I would do if I met him. I would say "Mr. Williams I love your music, and I want to study music with you instead of finishing high school and college, and then write music like you." And, I would say all that in one breath. Then (in my dreams) he would say yes and I would be the luckiest person on this board, and I would never come here again since I would not be a fan anymore, but a friend of Mr. Williams. (Sigh)

WHOA! I just woke up and I am at my computer online!

Billybobab--If dreams could come true faster

I'd say something about how much I am anticipating what he comes up with for Star Wars Episode III. I'd tell him how the final duel between Anakin and Obi-Wan should be great and ask him if he could give me any clues on how he plans to score it.

-Jason

:) 1941 (complete)

assuming i meet him after i can afford it, i would, after the usual pleasantries, ask him how to go about commissioning a new 2-3 hour concert work from him.

this being a fantasy, he'd be fascinated and we'd talk for hours about what i had in mind.

in reality ... ah, screw reality ...

--> goes back to lurking

After I wake up from fainting, I'd ask him if I could sit in with him for one day as he's scoring a film. And I wouldn't talk his ear off. I'd just be a fly on the wall.

Jeff -- a journalist who was "this" close to getting an interview with JW

I would probably be lucky if I could manage to say anything in that situation.

Marian - who REALLY would like to ask Jerry Goldsmith if he likes Anton Bruckner (because I suspect he does).

:) AOTC

First of all, I would be ecstatic just to go see him conduct in concert. If I ever met him, I would probably shake his hand, probably start to drool on myself, and than if i'm not still completely in shock, I'll hold out my Indy and the Last Crusade Cd insert for him to sign.

-Jason

I'm kicking myself because I didn't get to ask him all the questions that I wanted to ask him. I had a whole list in my mind like:

- Whats it like working for Spielburgh, Lucas..etc.....

- What do you think about the layout of your albums on cd?

- Do you listen to your own scores, if not, what is your fav. kind of music, classical?

- May I touch you? (Are you real?! Hehe..)

- Is it true that you might be re-scoring the original SW trilogy (or at least ANH)?

- What are your plans for retirement, are you going to retire?

and

- What do you enjoy doing more, writing for film or writing concerto's. Would you of been happier doing only one or the other?

But, all I could stammer out was........

UUUuuuhhhhh...... ummm...... you're like....um...my GOD!

Heheeeh...

Not entirely true, but close enough.

who REALLY would like to ask Jerry Goldsmith if he likes Anton Bruckner (because I suspect he does).

I've heard him use Bruckner as an example when explaining something. That suggests he likes him.

Is it true that you might be re-scoring the original SW trilogy (or at least ANH)?

Damn you, Important question :)

Yes, according to an FSM quote, he said something like that there are enough notes for a Bruckner symphony in Total Recall. That plus his style suggests to me that he really enjoys Bruckner. :)

- What are your plans for retirement, are you going to retire?

I've read (several times I believe) that Williams said as long as his health allows, he will continue to compose, and that so far his health has been no problem. I think that bit is in the Tony Thomas book with the composer interviews (though of course that's a few years old by now).

I don't know what I would say. I'd probably mumble something and try and get him to sign my Raiders inserts.

Justin -Who doubts he'll ever meet Mr. Williams. :cry:

:) The Miracle of the Ark

I would go in shake his hand and thank him for letting me see him. Sign a few things (my trumpet wouldn't be a bad idea) and get a picture of us two signed. Talk a little music with him and tell him my friend Ray is responsible for me really liking his music (just to give Ray some notice). Then I'd thank him again and leave.

Brandon

I would go in shake his hand and thank him for letting me see him. Sign a few things (my trumpet wouldn't be a bad idea) and get a picture of us two signed. Talk a little music with him and tell him my friend Ray is responsible for me really liking his music (just to give Ray some notice). Then I'd thank him again and leave.

Brandon

Thanks buddy! I forgot to mention that I would also tell him he should check us out sometime here at JWFAN.net. I bet he would be quite interested, especially in some of the more, er, "unique" topics. :mrgreen:

Ray Barnsbury