New The Rise of Skywalker score information from Don Williams

TownerFan

WoW I'm a little shocked about dark side Williams...he looks so nice in interviews...he really may have been pissed by giacchino's rogue one after all. hope he doesnt fire his brother Don for leaking info...

3 hours ago, MikeH said:

John has been described as “an iron fist in a velvet glove”, I’ve no doubt that he’s absolutely calling the shots and the musician in question was completely removed. There’s too much money and too little time to mess around. Might be ruthless but it’s the movies, baby! 😎

I think a lot of people have this image of the kindly old grandfather, but he’s survived in this business for nearly seven decades for a reason. 

Indeed. Type A personalities achieve greatness because they know what they want and take no prisoners. Wishy-washy types such as myself do not. End of story.

3 hours ago, crumbs said:

Uh-oh, this is making the rounds on mainstream movie news websites now.

1 hour ago, Disco Stu said:

Oh my god, people are morons.  This person thinks they're Sherlock Holmes figuring out how long the movie is but doesn't even know that there's more music in a film than on the OST

Why is it always so cringeworthy when John Williams news goes mainstream lol. Thinking also about that “John Williams has never seen a Star Wars movie” fiasco. I still see people refer to that like it’s a real thing. 

6 hours ago, Luke Skywalker said:

WoW I'm a little shocked about dark side Williams...he looks so nice in interviews...he really may have been pissed by giacchino's rogue one after all. hope he doesnt fire his brother Don for leaking info...

It is not really a dark side.  He is a perfectionist, which is one of the reasons he is at the top of his field.  It is analogous to the top coaches, top CEOs, top directors, etc. They give their best, and they expect those assisting them to give their best as well. 

I seem to recall, and though it may just be a rumor, something about Williams hurling furniture at soloists. Let's see what the ol' search function can dig up...

Ah, here it is!

On January 22, 2019 at 6:51 AM, Alex said:

I heard he chucked a chair at Yo Yo Ma once during the Memoirs of a Geisha recording sessions 

:lol:

I think we're ignoring the most important revelation from the videos on page 1... John writes at least 3 minutes of music a day. Think of the immense plethora of unreleased JW cues! Hundreds upon hundreds of hours worth of music that no one will ever be able to hear! We must have it all!

Oh I don’t think any of John’s daily scribblings are going to Julliard, just the film scores and concert works. I believe he’s way too modest to toss them a bunch of scratchwork and half-finished ideas like “Here ya go, plebs!”

9 hours ago, Alex said:

My sources confirm that the Yo Yo Ma stuff most definitely happened

Are you being serious or not, because I really can't tell. Throwing chairs seems rather disturbing and quite frankly rude and uncalled for.

14 minutes ago, Thor said:

More than the information about the upcoming STAR WARS score, I find it far more fascinating to observe Don speak. I've seen several of these videos before, and it's always interesting to see how similar he is to John in terms of voice colour and mannerisms, but with a rather different personality. More direct, more acerbic wit. It's like two worlds colliding.

I was thinking the exact same thing. There quite few similarities in their speech cadenza 

12 hours ago, King Mark said:

I want that action figure

The undername "The Composer" seems to imply there is another figure for "The guitarrist" so beware when ordering it :P

About Williams "bad temper", wasnt it rumoured that he left the boston pops becasue younger musicians did not pay him respect or something like that?

1 hour ago, Thor said:

More than the information about the upcoming STAR WARS score, I find it far more fascinating to observe Don speak. I've seen several of these videos before, and it's always interesting to see how similar he is to John in terms of voice colour and mannerisms, but with a rather different personality. More direct, more acerbic wit. It's like two worlds colliding.

Definitely thought the same thing.

11 minutes ago, Quintus said:

I wonder if these same people believe a watched pot never actually boils.  

7 hours ago, Arpy said:

I wonder how many notebooks he's filled with sketches for music that'll probably never be played or heard, compositions that he's poured his time into. Or if he subtly reworks some things for whatever score he's working on...

Perhaps he'll be like Tolkien, and the bulk of his oeuvre will only be released posthumously when his son sifts through all the unreleased and unfinished works for decades.

1 hour ago, Quintus said:

Every theme I ever heard? Phantom of the Opera confirmed!

1 hour ago, Marian Schedenig said:

Perhaps he'll be like Tolkien, and the bulk of his oeuvre will only be released posthumously when his son sifts through all the unreleased and unfinished works for decades.

It'll be on a future Toto album.

9 hours ago, Thor said:

The same is true with the rest of them.  You see small glimpses of Johnny in them.  Facial expressions for example.  They are cut of the same cloth.

4 hours ago, MikeH said:

Also some Pachelbel

92FFFA63-AFA9-4295-8DD2-96D458DC2147.jpeg

1941 March quote confirmed! Williams is going out with a bang!

Maybe JJ Baby will be loaded into the cannon once Williams finishes writing his 837th revision?