Fabulin

Episode III was the big 'this is the end' end credits suite but it didn't include everything. I'd expect it to include the film's new theme for sure, and a couple of pieces from the past. Maybe Anakin's Theme. Maybe the Emperor's theme, since he's the ultimate bad guy of this saga. I'd expect to hear Rey's theme in there too. I think he'll round it out with the tail end of the Throne Room Suite unlike the last two films.

1 hour ago, Dieter Stark said:

What the hell is the Phantom Theme?

I'm assuming it's something from The Phantom Menace, likely Duel of the Fates. Or maybe it's the Emperor's Theme.

I don't think he's gonna go as long-winded with the Throne Room as Ep 3, but I think he's gonna finish with the classic ending at least. Probably with the Leia's Theme reprisal either in the first part of the credits, or lead into it toward the end and just let the original credits arrangement run from there. And obviously in the middle some arrangement of new IX stuff, Rey's Theme, Resistance, Kylo. Maybe Emperor's Theme too. 

And maybe, just maybe, the amount of new themes has something do with the content the film has to offer. Not with Williams’ age. 

8 minutes ago, Drew said:

What were the other three source pieces apart from Canto Bight?

Canto Bight is comprised of two separate source pieces. He also wrote two pieces for the deleted caretaker party sequence. 

21 hours ago, crumbs said:

Short of binning all existing themes and writing new ones for every character, Williams delivered exactly the score that film required -- and did a sensational job in the process.

I'm not sure the film required that many statements of the force theme. But Rian probably did! :)

On 8/19/2019 at 1:24 PM, Modest Expectations said:

There was a time when a trilogy-concluding Star Wars movie delivered a great new character theme (Emperor's Theme), a new "romantic" theme (Luke & Leia), a rad march (Parade of the Ewoks), a great action piece (Into the Trap), and a plethora of smaller gems (Jedi Fury, Fleet Enters Hyperspace). 

But then... Williams was 51 years young at the time. In his prime.

Now it is time for something way more wacky.

And how many themes have you written bud?

I’m just hoping for a coherent piece of music that does not include the editing in of score pieces or concert works (phantom menace). Something like Empire’s credits that features several themes new and old. 

• 3 months later...