OBI-WAN KENOBI (Disney+ series)

*takes long drag of cigarette, sounding like Sam Elliot*

Well, folks, you know that time. The cows are home, the summer night breeze is a stirrin', and it's JWFan's time to play. Yes sir, we got C and C versus arranged album, we got Star Trek and its repu'ble status in comparison to just 'bout everythang, and well would you look see here, a debate on the objectively subjective and subjectively objective merits, or lack thereof, of Star Wars The Last Jedi.

Yes, sir, it's JWFan's time to play, and it's got all the greatest hits, just for you.

9 minutes ago, Nick Parker said:

*takes long drag of cigarette, sounding like Sam Elliot*

Well, folks, you know that time. The cows are home, the summer night breeze is a stirrin', and it's JWFan's time to play. Yes sir, we got C and C versus arranged album, we got Star Trek and its repu'ble status in comparison to just 'bout everythang, and well would you look see here, a debate on the objectively subjective and subjectively objective merits, or lack thereof, of Star Wars The Last Jedi.

Yes, sir, it's JWFan's time to play, and it's got all the greatest hits, just for you.

I picture a Time Life style ad with topics scrolling up, some highlighted in yellow with relevant footage.

3 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

I picture a Time Life style ad with topics scrolling up, some highlighted in yellow with relevant footage.

All these can be in your collection for only two easy payments of your soul and your time. Order now and receive a limited-offer bonus deal containing more classic JWFan material from the vaults, such as cynicism for Sony, Nintendo fans vs. everyone else, and shut the fuck up forum douchebags.

COD accepted. No delivery to AK and HI.

1 minute ago, Nick Parker said:

All these can be in your collection for only two easy payments of your soul and your time.

COD accepted. No delivery to AK and HI.

I shouldn’t even be talking to you.  You didnt react to my oddly relevant pull of the gif of the Treehouse dude very sensuously milking an imaginary cow.  Obvious #NickBait!!!

Just now, Disco Stu said:

I shouldn’t even be talking to you.  You didnt react to my oddly relevant pull of the gif of the Treehouse dude very sensuously milking an imaginary cow.  Obvious #NickBait!!!

1. I edited the post you quoted.

2. Oh that's what that was?

You've been rather fixated on baitin' lately, I've noticed. 

3 hours ago, mrbellamy said:

I think it’s pretty clear that there is no general consensus on how good or bad TLJ is.

That just means some opinions aren't as valid as others, like with literally anything else.

2 hours ago, A. A. Ron said:

That just means some opinions aren't as valid as others, like with literally anything else.

Well I wouldn't call it universally acclaimed and it seems less of a genuine crowdpleaser than Force Awakens (which also had a huge number of naysayers but I think they were more "meh" on the whole than with Last Jedi)

I think the YouTube haterz have convinced themselves that the world agrees it's a Crystal Skull/Phantom Menace type punchline, but I think it has too many fans even within the nerddom for that to catch on. What's probably more fair to say is that it deflated the hype more than it kicked it into high gear. I like the movie but it didn't make me especially pumped for what's next and I don't really know what anybody's most anticipated thing would have been for Episode IX after seeing it. Rey vs Kylo, I guess? To what end, really? I think it was a little too easy for the return of Lando and the Emperor to take the top spots.

Meanwhile this Obi-Wan thing shows they still gotta rely on bringing shit back. That was something that could be said for TFA was that for all the nostalgia, it did get fans meming about Rey and Snoke for a couple years.

I've seen an article circulating that casts doubt upon McGregor's involvement, based on past interviews where he's given some pretty harsh comments on his involvement with Star Wars (autograph dealers, crazy fans etc.) on one side and that the work wasn't his type on the other.

I guess these people seem to have forgotten a really powerful factor in negotiations with McGregor, and Disney has the answer: shitloads of money.

1 hour ago, Arpy said:

I've seen an article circulating that casts doubt upon McGregor's involvement, based on past interviews where he's given some pretty harsh comments on his involvement with Star Wars (autograph dealers, crazy fans etc.) on one side and that the work wasn't his type on the other.

I guess these people seem to have forgotten a really powerful factor in negotiations with McGregor, and Disney has the answer: shitloads of money.

And apparently also forgot that literally every time he’s been asked about it in interviews he’s said he would do it.

I love how they’re running scared from oversaturating the market with too many Star Wars movies now, but, then there’s something like 5 Star Wars TV shows going on all at once. (Plus something like 5 Star Treks.)

Didn’t someone say 2 seasons and cancel is the model, now? So sure, throw all the spaghetti at the wall…

13 hours ago, Thekthithm said:

Maybe they'll buy HBO and reboot Game of Thrones and Chernobyl.

The world really needs a Chernobyl Cinematic Universe.

Is this what Disney is doing now?

Cancel the movie; convert to TV show?

Now I wonder if we'll start seeing links to "Solo" in these shows as well.

Surely Darth Maul's re-introduction has to be continued somewhere?!?

And what about some young Han Solo cameo's here and there?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm sure that many actors already have their 'face' protected and copyrighted. Just think about it, a new Bond film in 2023 with a young Sean Connery. It soon will all be possible.

• 2 months later...