Fox Music "pauses" licencing per Mike Matessino

Straight from MM himself:

"Fox Music itself is not doing any additional licensing at this point, but there are still some releases coming from deals previously in place. There will be a "pause" as one studio reviews 80 years of another's musical history and the thousands of soundtrack albums that have been done."

https://www.filmscoremonthly.com/board/posts.cfm?threadID=136481&forumID=1&archive=0&pageID=1&r=529#bottom

Could The Towering Inferno have made it through?

Luckily there ain't a lot from FOX the labels hadn't gotten to yet

My biggest bummer is that we'll probably never get a truly complete SPEED 2 now, and it never leaked either, so I'm stuck with crappy Blu Ray rips to fill in the gaps for who knows how much longer, if not forever

I give you a choice. Return with me to Disney as my slave and save your despicable studio or perish with them in this primitive and tasteless industry. Surrender your properties 

For those of you who have total overview of studios and such, which of John Williams' completely unreleased scores are from Fox, if any?

2 hours ago, Thor said:

For those of you who have total overview of studios and such, which of John Williams' completely unreleased scores are from Fox, if any?

Nothing completely unreleased. Perhaps some of his TV stuff. There are film scores that could be improved though, at least sound quality-wise (The Paper Chase, Conrack, The Towering Inferno)

35 minutes ago, TownerFan said:

Nothing completely unreleased. Perhaps some of his TV stuff.

Ah, thanks. Possible TV stuff notwithstanding, that's a relief, at least.

2 hours ago, Thor said:

http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?/topic/24564-john-williams-scores-by-studio/

2 hours ago, Jay said:

Yeah, forgot about that resource. Of course, the whole expansion thing is of no interest to me, but fine overview of the studios.

I guess of the Fox titles, CONRACK is the one that could have a little bit of expansion. I mean, the main title track that has been released is pretty much representative of the whole score, and there aren't that many more minutes in it, but I could easily see this as a 15-minute bonus suite on some other release, I guess.

Other than that, this 'pause' thing doesn't seem to have much of an impact on my own Williams-collecting habits.

It's more of concern for Fox titles that are long OOP and expensive or difficult to obtain (such as the afore-mentioned Towering Inferno). Again, that title may have snuck through in time. Let's hope.

On the plus side, labels can focus their energy and funds on Universal, there's lots of stuff there to mine (not only Williams).

16 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

Towering Inferno is obviously in dire need of a reissue.  I don't own it, and I'm guessing a lot of JWFans don't.

It's one of the few remaining gaps in my collection. Is the expansion that's supposedly currently in production just a rumour or confirmed? I'm thinking the latter, but it's been so long since it was teased, I might be misremembering.

14 hours ago, JTWfan77 said:

On the plus side, labels can focus their energy and funds on Universal, there's lots of stuff there to mine (not only Williams).

Absolutely! But for Universal, there's the fire situation, isn't there?

7 minutes ago, Jay said:

Your confusing the movie studio with the music label again. 

Not surprising. I'm totally lost on these studio/nuts'n'bolts things. :D

But yeah, looking at your resource thread again, it seems that Universal is the FILM studio with the most completely unreleased JWs.

Well even if there's no anniversary, hopefully LLL prioritised Minority Report with Williams' blessing, and made it through before the acquisition. 

54 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Well even if there's no anniversary, hopefully LLL prioritised Minority Report with Williams' blessing, and made it through before the acquisition. 

We already have the best* part of that score.

*Schubert's unfinished symphony.

WHOA, @Thor!

20190823_074224.png

Ah. Yes, I've never really posted very much around these parts, even though I've been here since the days of Moses. Too few threads and topics that interest me.