Alexcremers

The Amazon Rainforest Is Rapidly Burning To Ashes

2 hours ago, Stefancos said:

And it will be for some time. Untill climate-rape apologists like @Richard and @gkgyver are either dead or have been held accountable for their behaviour.

1 hour ago, Alexcremers said:

I wonder how much more data Richard & Co require before they believe climate change and its consequences are real. And why is it so much easier for them to believe everyone is lying and all the evidence is fake (except for the so-called research funded by the oil and coal industries)? I already posted an explanation for why people prefer to deny all that is alarming, but apparently, there has been a study that links right-wing nationalism, anti-feminism and climate change. Three things Drax is famous for. 

FUCK YOU BOTH, AND FUCK JWFAN FOR BEING SO FUCKING BIASED, AND SHORTSIGHTED. THIS SITE WILL NOT HEAR FROM ME, AGAIN!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Thekthithm said:

Isn't it mostly elitists and scrawny Silicon Valley eggheads who are into greenie shit?

I'm not an elitist, so, no. 

1 hour ago, Richard said:

FUCK YOU BOTH, AND FUCK JWFAN FOR BEING SO FUCKING BIASED, AND SHORTSIGHTED. THIS SITE WILL NOT HEAR FROM ME, AGAIN!!!!!!!!

Take what's yours and be damned, Richard!

2 hours ago, Stefancos said:

But if governments and politicians are also a part of the system designed to maintain the status quo that benefits the elite for as long as possible, should we even be voting for these enablers and colluders? 

Well, I could say a thing or two about that, but then we would be talking politics.

On 9/1/2019 at 6:01 AM, Richard said:

How can a website be biased?

As a brazilian myself, I have to say: I'm really sorry about that, guys. What happened was that our current president is a total jackass that is embarassing the country.

For anyone who doesn't know, Bolsonaro was expelled from military on the late 80s when he threatened to bomb the army's barracks (with the moron actually detailing his plans to the Veja magazine before actually comitting them). Then, he entered the politics as a congressman and spent almost three decades doing literally nothing besides getting into stupid controversies, like telling congresswoman Maria do Rosário that he wouldn't rape her because she was too ugly or to the TV program Custe o que Custar that his sons aren't homosexual because they were well educated. He didn't contribute to a single thing for the country. 

When the scandals involving the center-left party Partido dos Trabalhadores, or PT for short, got widespread, he presented himself as an far-right option to "cleanse" the country from the "communist threat" (even though PT's 13 years of government were almost neoliberal), even threatening to literally shoot the PT affiliates. He amassed a passionate fanbase of idiots who really thought that the country was on the verge of becoming like Venezuela, and that this guy would fight corruption. Also, he was smart enough to allign himself with the political and economical elite, that thought that him would push for the reforms they so much desired - like destroying retirement and labour laws (Bolsonaro was quoted saying that work conditions in Brazil have to be borderline informal). So, with an orchestrated campaing of spreading fake news via WhatsApp (most popular messaging app here, don't know what you guys from US and UK use), he won last year's election.

The funniest part is that this guy, despite saying that he would fight organized crime and corruption, actually has ties with Rio's paramilitary organized crime himself - including with the suspects of last year's murder of city councilor Marielle Franco.

Anyway, during his period on office, Bolsonaro actually weakened the laws regarding enviromental protection here. Then, on july, he fired the director of the INPE, the national institute that, among other things, keeps track of the fires. He did it because INPE were scientifically proving that fires were rising, and he knew that this data would harm the image of the country - in other words, he preferred to hide the data than to do something about it. 

On early August, powerful farmers and supporters of Bolsonaro (or, as we like to call them, bolsominions), organized the Dia do Fogo, or the Fire Day, an action to burn several points of the forest on the northern state of Pará. Then, the guy procceeded to acuse NGOs of spreading the fire - without giving a single proof of his accusation. Here's about the Fire Day (it's on portuguese, so please use Google Translate): https://www.bbc.com/portuguese/brasil-49453037

The jackass aparently will speak publically on ONU later this month, so you'll have the chance to watch him embarass himself live.

But don't worry: unless him, with the help of the bolsominions, turns this country into an actual dictatorship, the idiot won't be long before being kicked out of office.