Movies you did see, but wish you hadn't

Sweeping Strings

16 hours ago, Gnome in Plaid said:

The Cell.  I want to live in a world where Shore's score was written for a movie that deserves it.

Wasn't this like Ebert's favorite movie of 2000? 

14 hours ago, Naïve Old Fart said:

In that case, watch THE HOBBIT :lol:

The Cell is even worse than Battle of the Five Armies.  The Nostalgia Critic review should give you a basic idea, but honestly... even that doesn't get into just how bad it is.

• 1 month later...

Look, I love Paul Thomas Anderson as much as everyone. Boogie Nights, There Will be Blood and Phantom Thread are brilliant, and Magnolia is one of my favorite movies of all time.

That said... Dear Lord, Inherent Vice was so fucking boring. It was an unbelivably, mind-numbingly dull movie, and the plot is utterly incomprehensible. It's more entertaining watch the paint dry than this. Of course, the movie is tecnically impressive, the performances are top notch, and Anderson really conveys the feeling of being so stoned you don't get what's happening, but gosh, what a dull movie.

Speaking of dull movies people unexplicably like... The 2011 movie Tinker Taylor Soldier Spy has an interesting premise, but the actual plot is so dull and lifeless, basically only 40-something British men in suits talking to each other in very low voices in extremely uninteresting scenarios. Of course, I wasn't expecting a Bond style movie, with car chases, gunfights, hot chicks and exotic locations, but the movie feels so drained that it pratically doesn't have almost no suspense or intrigue. It's simply uninteresting and confusing. 

5 hours ago, Edmilson said:

Look, I love Paul Thomas Anderson as much as everyone. Boogie Nights, There Will be Blood and Phantom Thread are brilliant, and Magnolia is one of my favorite movies of all time.

That said... Dear Lord, Inherent Vice was so fucking boring. It was an unbelivably, mind-numbingly dull movie, and the plot is utterly incomprehensible. It's more entertaining watch the paint dry than this.

Agreed! I already tried to watch the film three times but I always give up. 

13 hours ago, Edmilson said:

That said... Dear Lord, Inherent Vice was so fucking boring. It was an unbelivably, mind-numbingly dull movie, and the plot is utterly incomprehensible. It's more entertaining watch the paint dry than this. Of course, the movie is tecnically impressive, the performances are top notch, and Anderson really conveys the feeling of being so stoned you don't get what's happening, but gosh, what a dull movie.

Watch it again... clean this time, because

15 minutes ago, Glóin the Dark said:

Inherent Vice is awesome.

Seventh Son

That was hideous. There's nothing (other than a slightly decent score by Beltrami) in the movie that manages to save it from the utter disaster. The movie is so atrocious that it's probably the worst thing I've ever seen. Thankfully it bombed at the box office, effectively ending this weird Hollywood tendency of "it's Lord of the Rings... but with/for kids!" that brought us Eragon, The Golden Compass and the Chronicles of Narnia movies.

On 11/30/2019 at 2:29 PM, Naïve Old Fart said:

From what I remember about INHERENT VICE, it seemed to be reaching for the same kind of stoner atmosphere as THE BIG LEBOWSKI, but ended-up well and truly lodged up its own ass.

Shut the fuck up, Richard!