"Leak" from The Rise of Skywalker ST?

waptap

1 hour ago, SteveMc said:

No, you both have it wrong!  John whistles the scores to a massive team of ghostwriters who go wherever he goes, always at the ready to transcribe whatever comes into his mind!

The Elfman way!

2 hours ago, SteveMc said:

No, you both have it wrong!  John whistles the scores to a massive team of ghostwriters who go wherever he goes, always at the ready to transcribe whatever comes into his mind!

Sounds like a Monty Python sketch.

1 hour ago, Dixon Hill said:

Man it's not as funny when nobody takes the bait.

The bait has to, in some small way, resemble food.  We might as well be listening to the Cheers song and discussing whether it is new music from IX.  

31 minutes ago, Tom said:

The bait has to, in some small way, resemble food.  We might as well be listening to the Cheers song and discussing whether it is new music from IX.  

They used Cheers theme in The Force Awakens... Maz Kanata bar scene when Han walks in (its mixed pretty low though, as JJ tends to do). Wasn't John's doing though -- Lin-Manuel Miranda did it and dropped in some beats from Hamilton too.

1 hour ago, Tom said:

That's not what I meant.

I don't know what's more unbelievable: that someone affiliated with the production sneaked a recording device into a session, that said someone used a recording device that could make a live orchestra and chorus come through at sub-dumbphone quality in 2019...or that Williams wrote a full minute of Star Wars music without referencing a single existing theme, chord pattern, or technique from the saga.  Pretty tune, but not Williams.

On 9/5/2019 at 7:02 AM, Cerebral Cortex said:

And someone tried to pass off the music from Rogue One as Star Wars music. 

The contest is over. Give that man the $10,000!

2 hours ago, Dixon Hill said:

As you know, no more correct than my original post.  Both composers in fact present very finalized material to their orchestrators. 

For Hans Zimmer, "finalized"? More like "fartalized"!

And "orchestrators"? ...More like "no-rchestrators"!

ROTFLMAO

Hoo, boy, I'm gonna congratulate myself by masturbating onto my John Debney collection. They're orchestral so I love them!

1 hour ago, Nick Parker said:

ROTFLMAO

Hoo, boy, I'm gonna congratulate myself by masturbating onto my John Debney collection. They're orchestral so I love them! 

Holy shit.

2 hours ago, Nick Parker said:

ROTFLMAO

LOL at least you wrote this post yourself instead of having it ghostwritten like Zimmer LOL 

:biglaugh::biglaugh:

• 1 month later...

Such a "leak" has a ring of truth to it, particularly the few more sessions bit.  I could see that being a cue title; I have trouble thinking it is an actual new theme.  Well, its Williams: it is probably Han's theme redone for the MF.  

And two more days for the trailer to be released.

So, this being said, I wouldn't be surprised tickets  go on sale at the end of next week, giving them some time to get the final preparations ready.

51 minutes ago, Ii2 said:

And two more days for the trailer to be released.

So, this being said, I wouldn't be surprised tickets  go on sale at the end of next week, giving them some time to get the final preparations ready.

For TFA & TLJ, tickets went on sale at the same time the trailer was released, so I expect the same for TROS.

3 hours ago, Tom said:

Such a "leak" has a ring of truth to it, particularly the few more sessions bit.  I could see that being a cue title;

You don’t think this is just that poster’s attempt to decipher the name of 1M11? It fits the basic shape, but seems incredibly unlikely for that early in the film

I find it hard to believe JW would be so overt with that cue title. I don't remember any cue titles for TFA or TLJ being that blunt.

That said, two more recording days (presumably 4 sessions altogether, morning/afternoon) sounds about right. Probably an entire day for the end credits suite, then another for last-minute inserts/revisions in November.

I find it hard to believe JW would be so overt with that cue title. I don't remember any cue titles for TFA or TLJ being that blunt.

I don't, given the titles for various scores in the original and prequel trilogies. "Ben's Death and TIE Fighter Attack," "Han Solo Returns (At the Court of Jabba the Hutt)," "The Death of Yoda," "Darth Vader's Death," "Anakin Defeats Sebulba," "Qui-Gon's Noble End," "The Immolation Scene," and like...all of the 'Dark Anakin' themes from Revenge of the Sith (Anakin's Dark Deeds, Enter Lord Vader, Anakin vs. Obi-Wan) are all....very bluntly titled. Abrams might be 'Mr. Mystery Box', but Williams is not particularly vague by nature. 

We also had cue by cue descriptions for most of the ROTS score as the sessions were occurring. 

There's been a noticeable mindset change with the ST. The track titles especially have had spoilers stripped to prevent another Qui-Gon's Noble End. 

I was upset with the current music "leak" making the rounds on there that I feel is complete bull when nobody was talking about the legitimate discovery you guys had made haha.

I do want to clarify that in my adjoining comment to that post I make it clear that the find comes from these forums and not from myself, even though some users continued to assume I made the discovery.   

14 hours ago, crumbs said:

That said, two more recording days (presumably 4 sessions altogether, morning/afternoon) sounds about right. Probably an entire day for the end credits suite, then another for last-minute inserts/revisions in November.

There’s just no way the end credits get an entire day: even half a session would be a lot, especially since they’re rarely one of the more difficult parts, and there’s not the added difficulty of precisely timing to picture. The original Star Wars end title was one of eight cues recorded the same day!

1 hour ago, BrotherSound said:

There’s just no way the end credits get an entire day: even half a session would be a lot, especially since they’re rarely one of the more difficult parts, and there’s not the added difficulty of precisely timing to picture. The original Star Wars end title was one of eight cues recorded the same day!

One three hour session equals 10 minutes of music.  Williams may only do one session per day, which would fit the one day schedule for a 9 minute piece.  

I'm not a Star Wars nerd, and I don't consider myself to be a music nerd.  My dad saw A New Hope at a theater when he was 10, and he' been seeing SW films at the theater ever since then.  My first film I saw at the theater was Revenge  Of The Sith. (although I do not remember) Star Wars is just an awesome line of movies that I would like to pass on to future generations.  Long live Star Wars.

As for film and classical music, I have not given them much thought until I joined this forum.  Until just last February, I only listened to music by John Williams and bits by Zimmer and Horner.  I did not listen to full classical peices until I joined JWFan.

21 hours ago, Ii2 said:

My first film I saw at the theater was Revenge  Of The Sith.

Baby alert.

21 hours ago, Ii2 said:

As for film and classical music, I have not given them much thought until I joined this forum.  Until just last February, I only listened to music by John Williams and bits by Zimmer and Horner.  I did not listen to full classical peices until I joined JWFan.

This is totally cool though. I feel like the benefit of JW music is it brought tons of people into classical music and movie scores in general. I know I wouldn't have gotten into all that stuff if it wasn't for getting introduced to Williams way back when.

1 hour ago, SilverTrumpet said:

Baby alert.

Yeah, well, I was three at the time.  Funny enough, I remember bits of my childhood that happened before I saw the movie with my dad, but for some reason I don't remember seeing the movie.  Probably cause it was late in the evening.

• 3 weeks later...