Movies You Haven't Seen, And You Are Glad You Haven't

SteveMc

1 hour ago, Disco Stu said:

Why do people get so proud of themselves just for not engaging with something that's popular?

They're funny book movies. It's time to grow up. My excuse for enjoying the Batman and Spider-Man movies is that they came out when I was a kid.

3 hours ago, Corellian2019 said:

Every Marvel movie after The Avengers

Same.  The whole thing started to feel like a chore around that point.

5 hours ago, Holko said:

Boy i'm sure glad I never saw Troll 2.

Now this one is a must see.  It is terrible in the most entertaining way possible.  

6 hours ago, Borodin said:

A lot of high tomatometer movies, mostly because that site has zero correlation with the actual quality of a film.

So you don’t like watching critically acclaimed films?

On 5/30/2019 at 10:15 AM, John said:
On 5/30/2019 at 5:08 AM, Borodin said:

Rotten Tomatoes rating system is utter garbage, based on 3 reasons. (1) Each individual rating tabulates as either good/bad, the system leaves no room for nuance being calculated, which only people with brains realize is really important for sample accuracy, (2) the critics are not good at their job, because they all play it safe, never giving real personal ratings in fear that they could be wrong, and (3) so many of them are hired by the companies that promote the movies--it explains why 80% of rotten tomatoes ratings are positive. Every single movie on RT is incorrectly rated. Just look at RT Top 1000, they're all at 99-100% and the majority of them suck, then look up actual good movies which usually are like 70%, and you can see the disgusting media-manipulating use of their system.

DDE24C8B-6522-482B-A1CB-2AB25E085EA7.gif

On 5/30/2019 at 2:15 PM, Borodin said:

It's alright, I know enough people like you who, whatever you do to present the statistics and facts, they will twist them to fit their fairy tale ideology because they have no understanding of math or objective divergence, and they're ignoring the database facts.

It's also hilarious to see people defend Rotten Tomatoes. ROTFLMAO 

On 7/19/2019 at 12:50 PM, John said:

It’s ironic how you’re pummeling Rotten Tomatoes as a flawed gauge for calculating the critical consensus of a movie. Yet you’re always quoting IMDb stats, arguably a much more faulty system with even worse reviewers!

At least on RT the ratings are verifiable and I can trust the critics have at least seen the movie. 

On 7/19/2019 at 11:10 AM, Borodin said:

Nobody gives a shit about Rotten Tomatoes obviously. But this movie has 27.3% of IMDb users giving it a 10/10, which is usually the number I look at after a year. So we'll wait for that number to come down before I see it.

I feel like we may have been down this road before...

9 minutes ago, John said:
6 hours ago, Borodin said:

A lot of high tomatometer movies, mostly because that site has zero correlation with the actual quality of a film.

So you don’t like watching critically acclaimed films?

I can spell it more clearly for you. It's not me "not watching high tomatometer films," it's me "watching regardless of what that site says." Ignoring is not an active verb here, it's simply me being distracted by more useful things.

Therefore I may watch a lot of high RT movies without knowing, but probably ignore a lot more because there are way more interesting movies to watch.

Also, those long quotes Jerry dug up were not really pertanent to this thread question.