This Motif is definitely in Question.

Allen Friedman

I have been creating music for over 50 years. I am not famous, but my creations are still created! I have appreciated Johns music.

I had just finished watching and listening to the movie , The Blue Max from 1966. You will note that that motif that was used is the same motif John used years later for the NBC news score!

Sure doesn't seem like a coincidence. Just listen to the end credits to this movie. I don't like ripping off motifs.

22 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

Prove it!

Fixed!

38 minutes ago, Allen Friedman said:

I have been creating music for over 50 years. I am not famous, but my creations are still created!

Let us hear some of your music!

47 minutes ago, Allen Friedman said:

I have been creating music for over 50 years. I am not famous, but my creations are still created! I have appreciated Johns music.

I had just finished watching and listening to the movie , The Blue Max from 1966. You will note that that motif that was used is the same motif John used years later for the NBC news score!

Sure doesn't seem like a coincidence. Just listen to the end credits to this movie. I don't like ripping off motifs.

It would be nice if you could be more precise in where you hear this similarity between THE BLUE MAX (which, I'm sure you know, is Jerry Goldsmith, not John Williams) and the NBC theme.

In general, I've always found it fascinating how people seem to hear similarities between two pieces of music that to most anyone else is a stretch and/or down to sheer coincidence, yet feel the urge to share it as if it's some major new revelation.

This reminds me of the infamous thread a while back where a poster claimed Raiders March was essentially plagiarized from Calamity Jane's "Whip Crackaway."