Gloria from MONSIGNOR performed live in Los Angeles on March 15,2020

buysoundtrax

Fantastic to see Gloria getting a performance! A really great piece and is there is a smaller, dare I say nigh unknown, score from the Maestro that deserves to be spotlighted in a concert Monsignor is definitely among the short list. :) 

3 minutes ago, Bespin said:

While searching in the BPO archives, I saw that the Gloria from Monsignor was played for many years in Christmas Concerts.

Yes, that’s a Christmas tune!

I wonder if they open with that blood curdling scream of Gloooooriaaaa!!!!! in this concert?

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/17/2019 at 3:09 AM, Bespin said:

While searching in the BPO archives, I discovered that Gloria from Monsignor was played for many years in Christmas Concerts.

Yes, that’s a Christmas tune!

The Williams tune?

I ask because Keith Lockhart opens his (excellent) Boston Pops Christmas album with "Gloria," but it's not by John Williams and it's much more Christmas-y.

5 hours ago, TJH132 said:

The Williams tune?

I ask because Keith Lockhart opens his (excellent) Boston Pops Christmas album with "Gloria," but it's not by John Williams and it's much more Christmas-y.

Yes the Gloria from Monsignor!

• 5 months later...

I couldn't find a thread for upcoming concerts of JW's music conducted by others so will post this here.  In Los Angeles next Sunday, March 15, there will be a concert performance of John Williams’ Gloria for choir, organ, and orchestra by the Westwood Presbyterian Church choir and orchestra.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/music-at-westwood-presents-a-2020-spring-concert-peace-in-our-time-tickets-92233349431?mc_cid=7fca26f2ff&mc_eid=870b48ec00