Has anybody seriously considered getting rid of their CDs?

Josh500

5 minutes ago, Alexcremers said:

So the Joshes and the Discos of the world, they don't wear the trousers?

No, I'm not. And the reason is, my gf demanded I take them off right now.. :D

I'm a proud collector of John Williams and Danny Elfman CDs. I could never see myself getting rid of them. Someday, years from now, they'll be tangible evidence of an era long past and it'll be fun to pull them off the shelf or out of the storage box and remind myself of the teamwork it took to put together an album, package and design it, get it onto a CD, get it to a store, and get it home. When everything's digital, there's literally nothing to hold onto and you take its on-demand availability for granted. With CDs, you're reminded never to take music for granted.

19 minutes ago, Bayesian said:

I'm a proud collector of John Williams and Danny Elfman CDs. I could never see myself getting rid of them. Someday, years from now, they'll be tangible evidence of an era long past and it'll be fun to pull them off the shelf or out of the storage box and remind myself of the teamwork it took to put together an album, package and design it, get it onto a CD, get it to a store, and get it home. When everything's digital, there's literally nothing to hold onto and you take its on-demand availability for granted. With CDs, you're reminded never to take music for granted.

Yes, that's true. It's the human touch that still and increasingly matters in an era when so much is computerised and automated and depersonalised.... 

Besides, you'll have something to show your grandkids, besides some computer files! :)

42 minutes ago, Dixon Hill said:

Anyone else's wife make them wear her panties sometimes?

She orders me to wipe her ass with specialty soundtrack label liner note pages and serve her supper using the CDs as plates.

31 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

She orders me to wipe her ass with specialty soundtrack label liner note pages and serve her supper using the CDs as plates.

So Alex was right about you.  Sad!