Mike Matessino teases.... something

Jay

Who knew that a 60-second cue we've been hearing for more than 30 years had five intercuts utilizing four separate takes? Satisfying to know it will be presented correctly.

Followup comment by him:

Actually this isn't for a soundtrack at all.

https://www.facebook.com/mike.matessino/posts/10218285639507869

6 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

Star Wars main title?

The Stars Wars Main Title is much, much more than 60 seconds long, and was assembled from 3 takes with 4 intercuts

http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?/topic/27301-star-wars-1977-main-title-reconstructed-from-takes-18-19-20/&do=findComment&comment=1340267

If it was Star Wars he would have said more than 40 years, not more than 30 years. 

It's gotta be from 1981-1988 I'd say, probably from 1985-1988

Aliens already has an isolated score on the blu

If he's cutting an iso score, it's for some relatively small film Twilight Time can afford to license, not some big blockbuster

Well, it'll be Twilight Time as they're the only ones who do iso scores anymore.  And honestly, they don't usually get movies that are that high profile.  Not to say they haven't done some great scores over the years, but usually they're more on the obscure side.

So.... don't get overly excited would be my advice.

Was there cue written for a film studio logo that debuted in the late 80s and runs for a full minute?

Those wouldn't be 60 seconds long

Mike comes across cues that are combined from multiple takes edited together on a daily basis, so I'd think the fact he'd bother to take to Facebook to mention one I would guess implies it's something iconic perhaps, something we have heard frequently for 30 years, that surprised him that it had so much editing to create the final version, due to its short length. 

Is there any thing that immediately debunks the notion of it being from Williams’ recordings for NBC in the 80s?  It certainly fits the “hearing for more than 30 years” and “not a soundtrack”

There's really no reason to assume it has anything to do with John Williams.  Mike works on more non-JW scores than JW scores, every year.

But if its not for a soundtrack release, why would he be working on it?

Iso score still fits more than anything else, which is why I thought of film logos, if he was putting that into an iso score.  Like perhaps it was recorded at the sessions of the film, like JW recording the Fox Fanfare at the TESB sessions.  

But really most film studio logos don't run for a full minute so idk

2 hours ago, Jay said:

But if its not for a soundtrack release, why would he be working on it?

Because if it's the NBC theme (which was my first thought as well), and that would not be classified as a soundtrack, it'd still me MM territory because it's Williams. "Not a soundtrack" is a very vague description, but personally I'd probably file an iso score under soundtrack and a news theme under non-soundtrack.

2 minutes ago, Marian Schedenig said:

Because if it's the NBC theme (which was my first thought as well), and that would not be classified as a soundtrack, it'd still me MM territory because it's Williams. "Not a soundtrack" is a very vague description, but personally I'd probably file an iso score under soundtrack and a news theme under non-soundtrack.

Yeah it depends if he means "not a soundtrack" as in not a separate album release of a film score or as in not the music audio stem of a motion picture.

Hopefully, MM is working on an album of archival JW recordings - various bits and pieces that didn't fit on other releases. Perhaps we'll finally get Dear Basketball and the original recording of Olympic Theme & Fanfare!

It has been many years since a major studio put out a home video release with an iso score that I know about, Twilight Time is the only game in town.  There was Last Jedi, true, but that seems like a specific director's quirky one-off and was a digital only bonus.

On 10/6/2019 at 3:57 AM, NL197 said:

I can't see the facebook link, so I have no idea. 

I don't understand this post.  Isn't it clear none of us know what it is, which is why this entire thread is speculation?

On 10/6/2019 at 7:25 AM, Jurassic Shark said:

Btw @Jay, the FB link isn't working.

I didn't realize his post was set to Friends only, instead of Public

On 10/6/2019 at 7:44 AM, Arpy said:

So, for people who can't see the comments or video, what is it?

There is no video or any other kind of additional information posted, everything is already quoted in the main post.  If the answer was already on Facebook, why would we all be speculating about what it could be in this thread?