Jurassic Park to be played during State Opening of Parliament

lairdo

Certainly a bit odd, but not offensive. Maybe they figured the queen is by now as old as those dinos...? :D

What was offensive to me was that they played "Hymn to the Fallen" during crazed warmonger George Bush Sr.'s funeral.... 

1 hour ago, Thor said:

It's not a far-fetched choice if you consider the sound rather than what it's supposed to convey. It's always had a very regal sound to it.

Exactly. Majestic, royal, regal. 

Why is it called My Friend, The Brachiosaurus when it's mostly from the triceratops scene. The Brachiosaurus wasn't even friendly. It sneezed on Lex. Shouldn't it be called My Friend, The Triceratops?

2 hours ago, Jay said:

Another baffling Williams OST title. 

I guess he is more of a brachiosaurus fan than a triceratops fan. Still the combination of those two cues from the two parts of the film are wonderfully seamless as a listening experience on the OST. Despite being from separate scenes there is a wonderful musical flow to the whole thing. He even created his concert arrangement from this combination with a bit of new material for solo flute added.

Title is fine; anything that disassociates the album from the film is a-OK in my book. It works as a calm and peaceful interlude. Besides, it's kinda like an ode to the Brachis and their position in the film's story.

It has a calm, lyrical motion to it that brings to my mind the Brachiosaurus scene, but maybe Williams called it that because it does highlight the friendlier side of the dinos in the score before it all turns dark and violent.

The only disturbing thing in Jurassic Park is Samuel L. Jackson's fake arm in the cables. I wish they'd have shown his torso or something or his cigarette still burning away...