Complete Content Disney+ Revealed

A24

No THE LAST JEDI? SOLO?

I see THE LAST JEDI is on Netflix at the moment (at least in Norway), so maybe they'll have to finish their run first. 

Here's a Twitter account that listed all the Disney releases *not* on this service.  There's definitely a few old films I hope come eventually.

And yeah, looks like there's a cutoff where almost no newer releases from 2017-present are on the service yet.  Except *some* will be.

https://twitter.com/NotOnDisneyPlus

7 minutes ago, publicist said:

Where's 'One Little Indian'?

Yeah, it's disappointing that they made sure to include seemingly every sub-mental execrable Disney Channel original of the past 25 years, but didn't include films like that or The Great Locomotive Chase from 1956 (which has a very nice Paul J. Smith score).  Both are already available to rent digitally so presumably would have been very simple to add to this service.  I just have to hope they're saving them so they can have "new" things to add monthly or whatever.

14 minutes ago, Sweeping Strings said:

'The Poof Point' ... erm, the what now? 

Ha!

It's a...

30 minutes ago, Disco Stu said:

sub-mental execrable Disney Channel original

It's astounding the sheer amount of drivel they have shat out on to basic cable to keep the tweens slack-jawed.

See also this 2002 Disney Channel movie, The Scream Team, in the period before Spamalot made him boatloads of cash, when Eric Idle would say yes to anything.

Scream Team Promo Poster.jpg

Unfortunately, they're also including all the horrible straight-to-video sequels to their animated films.  So now Bambi 2 can exist equally alongside the classic original on a streaming service..... *vomits*

I looked it up - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Poof_Point

It caught my eye due to this bit of slang (admittedly mostly a UK thing) -  

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Poof

There are plenty of things absent - many of them are due to preexisting streaming contracts (Netflix has TLJ and Solo at the moment, and also 1999 Tarzan which is not on the D+ list).  Song of the South isn't on there for obvious reasons, but I'd bet a lot of other earlier stuff would be out for similar reasons.  I saw a suggestion on the mentions of the Twitter that Stu linked that maybe some of the early/mid-20th-century stuff isn't on there because they don't have a high-enough quality transfer at the moment for what they want to present in the service.  Maybe more is coming!

One HOPEFUL side-effect of Disney+, for me at least, is that maybe Disney will start discounting some of their Blu-rays.  I'm a buyer/collector in spite of streaming, but Disney rarely discounts their Blu-rays below $20, which I would never pay, and their HD digital copies below $15 on most movies, which I also wouldn't pay.

Aww Boy Meets World

2 hours ago, Disco Stu said:

It's astounding the sheer amount of drivel they have shat out on to basic cable to keep the tweens slack-jawed.

I definitely watched most of them up to around 2003 :lol: so yeah 9-12ish. Brink was my fave. I never realized they put out a movie every month.

The Even Stevens Movie was one of the few Shia didn’t sleep through during his marathon