Sign in to follow this  
Stefancos

The Deal Or No Deal Thread

I really don't think reconsideration was ever an option. Its either Deal Or No Deal.

Did you guys know Noel Edmunds used to present Top Gear?

1 hour ago, Quintus said:

Don't you mean Richard Madeley? I love him!

Oh, Madeley's had his moments for sure. But he's never bought a black cab so that he can drive in bus lanes, delusionally ranted about putting together a consortium to buy the BBC or promoted a *positive energy* pad that he claimed could even cure cancer. 

11 minutes ago, Sweeping Strings said:

But he's never bought a black cab so that he can drive in bus lanes,

Steven Fry did that too!

6 minutes ago, Quintus said:

National treasures are ten a penny these days. Not long now till Nick Knowles achieves the status. It's the new knighthood.

Arise....Sir Boris!

Time was, when Noel Edmonds was all over the telly. It was BBC1, back then, with Dingly Dell, Crinkly Bottom, and Mr. fucking Blobby! He presented live Christmas programmes from places such as the Falkland Islands.

Then came the helicopter crash. Oh, dear.

Nowadays, and although he's still around, he's a much more contrite person.

4 hours ago, Stefancos said:

I really don't think reconsideration was ever an option. Its either Deal Or No Deal.

Did you guys know Noel Edmunds used to present Top Gear?

Mark my words, it will happen.

13 hours ago, Quintus said:

National treasures are ten a penny these days. Not long now till Nick Knowles achieves the status. It's the new knighthood.

The reviews of Knowles' vanity-project album are absolute gold - 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Every-Kind-People-Nick-Knowles/product-reviews/B075VMZP7X/ref=cm_cr_dp_d_show_all_btm?ie=UTF8&reviewerType=all_reviews

I thought this was odd and confusing too...

My understanding earlier today was that the deal has been approved, *in principle* - when packaged with Letwin's "safety net" amendment. Then I saw all the headlines immediately afterward (including the BBC's), which seemed to paint the outcome in parliament very differently, which is where it became confusing. So it's nice to find some actual clarification here, because there's literally none to be found elsewhere.

Easily the best show of the last few years. It’s comedic, it’s cringetastic, there are so many twists and turns. Perfect car crash tv!

Some of the characters in the latest season aren’t very believable though. Farage was fine as the pantomime villain but it’s hard to take characters like Boris and Rees Mogg seriously at time. They’re not very realistic. 

So you're saying shaking up the show by having an election which might bring some new characters to the forefront might be just what needed?

Hope the ratings improve!

S1: 2015 - June, 2016

S2: June, 2016 - June, 2017

S3: June, 2017 - March 31,                 2019

S4: April 1, 2019 - May, 2019

S5: May 2019 - July, 2019

S6: July, 2019 - October 31,               2019

S7: November 1, 2019 -               December 12, 2019

S8: December 13, 2019 - ...

55 minutes ago, Stefancos said:

So you're saying shaking up the show by having an election which might bring some new characters to the forefront might be just what needed?

Hope the ratings improve!

Yes! It’s ideal timing really. I feel this show has legs and could run for years!