Beverly Hills Cop Blu-ray w/ isolated score arriving 14/01/2020

transparent.gif

Harold Faltermeyer's score will be available as an isolated track on a new Blu-ray set.

Nice for those that missed the LLL release.

From Blu-ray.com:

Paramount Home Media Distribution has officially announced that it will release the three Beverly Hills Cop films in a three-disc collection on January 14.

Beverly Hills Cop

Special Features and Technical Specs:
NEWLY REMASTERED IN 4K
NEW Two never-before-seen deleted scenes
NEW Four new behind-the-scenes featurettes incorporating vintage 1984 interviews
NEW An isolated audio track of the original score by Harold Faltermeyer
NEW "BHC Mixtape '84" - which allows viewers to go directly to the scenes featuring the hit songs "The Heat Is On," "Neutron Dance," "New Attitude," "Stir It Up," "Do You Really," and "Nasty Girl."
Audio Commentary by director Martin Brest
Beverly Hills Cop—The Phenomenon Begins
A Glimpse Inside the Casting Process
The Music of Beverly Hills Cop
Location Map
Theatrical Trailer
Optional English SDH, French, Portuguese, and Spanish subtitles for the main feature

https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=25934

11226_tn.jpg

Maybe I'm missing something; Isn't the LLL CD already complete?  What will this iso score offer that we don't already have?

8 minutes ago, Jay said:

Maybe I'm missing something; Isn't the LLL CD already complete?  What will this iso score offer that we don't already have?

I don't see anyone saying that it does offer anything we don't have?  He merely said it was nice if you missed the LLL, which is sold out.

Besides, any release containing an iso score these days is big news IMO.  Worthy of a thread.

I think your initial post reads along the lines of 'this has nothing new over the expansion so why the big deal'.

I love isolated scores - apart from watching the film with just the music they also potentially give us film mixes of cues.

I think Stu and JTWFan put an intention on my post that wasn't there.  I never meant to suggest anyone did anything wrong or that this was not newsworthy!

1 hour ago, Jay said:

I think Stu and JTWFan put an intention on my post that wasn't there.  I never meant to suggest anyone did anything wrong or that this was not newsworthy!

my bad!

• 2 months later...

I eventually caved and bought this set, and can confirm that the isolated score for the first film only showcases Faltermeyer's work, no songs.

EDIT: also, it doesn't include the unused cue "Bad Guys"

• 5 months later...

From The Digital Bits (bold emphasis is mine):

...European retail sources have begun sending us information suggesting that a trio of additional Paramount catalog titles is on the way to physical 4K Ultra HD later this year, at least in Europe. Those titles are: Collateral (2004), Beverly Hills Cop (1984), and Coming to America (1988). I’ve asked Paramount for confirmation that they’re coming to disc here in the States as well. I’ll post an update here when and if they respond.

Good to hear that it might be released on 4K disc, but bad to hear after I already bought the 3-film set :banghead:

• 2 months later...