New Star Trek: First Contact expansion being worked on

Bruce was asked about Joel Goldsmith's playing synths on Runaway, to which he replied that Joel really came into his own during ST: FC - and that he (Bruce) was working on it currently (being August 2019 I believe) :)

@Yavar Moradi how much was missing from the GNP expansion? I seem to recall some alternates were omitted.

3 hours ago, JTWfan77 said:

Bruce was asked about Joel Goldsmith's playing synths on Runaway, to which he replied that Joel really came into his own during ST: FC - and that he (Bruce) was working on it currently (being August 2019 I believe) :)

@Yavar Moradi how much was missing from the GNP expansion? I seem to recall some alternates were omitted.

That's correct -- just a few that were on the boot, I think the most notable being an alternate of Joel's Flight of the Phoenix cue. GNP did include every cue that was in the film. Something else that could be added besides alternates is the source music in the film, though (two songs of which were on the original GNP release but omitted from the expansion).

Yavar

I know over the summer someone had mentioned they were talking about remastering Star Trek I director's edition in 4K. I'm hoping they're redoing all of them and Botnick is working on the scores for new sound mixes.

Perhaps this will be one of LLL's BF titles or Intrada's end of year titles (licenced from GNP) and will finally have art that ties in to the rest of the expanded Treks (well most of then anyway, TMP had a distinctly different vibe).

Well they did forget “Oobie Doobie” and “Magic Carpet Ride” on the expanded release.

I don’t have my cd in front of me. Did they use first gen material? If not, maybe they found better sources. 

On 11/10/2019 at 1:13 AM, JTWfan77 said:

Perhaps this will be one of LLL's BF titles or Intrada's end of year titles (licenced from GNP) and will finally have art that ties in to the rest of the expanded Treks (well most of then anyway, TMP had a distinctly different vibe).

Do people really care that much about matching spines and artwork? It's something I was a bit of a purist about when I was a teenager but now, no.

12 hours ago, Thekthithm said:

Do people really care that much about matching spines and artwork? It's something I was a bit of a purist about when I was a teenager but now, no.

Yes, it's certainly not something that will prompt me to repurchase this, especially as my physical collection resides in storage. The expanded GNP is sufficient for my needs, and I have a unified set of custom covers that someone posted here a number of years ago.