If Maleficent Mistress of Evil does well, it could help future Pirates of the Caribbean movies

Patricier21

Joachim Ronning directed both Dead Men Tell No Tales and Mistress of Evil. If MoE does well enough, Disney may decide to keep him on as director for the planned Pirates 6, of which he was supposedly signed on for before helming MoE. Since DMTNT did decently enough and received a lot of positive fan reception, even from those who didn't really like it/the other Pirates sequels, it may prompt Disney to continue Pirates with where they were going (since Joachim himself said that DMTNT "was only the beginning of the finale", notwithstanding the hanging plot threads from both DMTNT and OST (On Stranger Tides)'s post credits scenes along with other things like the absence of Pintel & Raghetti) and not completely reboot without Johnny Depp, especially after all of the issues with him abusing Amber Heard have been overall resolved, as well as the fact that his performance as Grindelwald was one of the few things that critics and most fans actually liked about Fantastic Beasts and The Crimes of Grindelwald

41 minutes ago, Arpy said:

Is this copy-pasted text?

Either way, they should just scrap the next PotC films, it's over. 

With all that I stated above they are definitely NOT done with Pirates. And btw MOE has over 90% audience rating on RT and I myself have heard mostly good things.  

I must say, as someone who overall HATES Maleficent 1, and LOVES the original animated Sleeping Beauty, I think this 2nd one is really good!! It is quite well done with a very moving, greatly written script and a surprisingly strong overall morality based on the most common and relatable psychological issues that ALL of us can relate to, besides being very entertaining, emotionally gripping, and just overall fun and insightful to watch!!

If anyone reading this could also please spread the word about it to as many people as possible, it would also be truly gratefully appreciated :)

Much like Pirates 5, Maleficent 2 is a disappointment on the US box office (although it held up pretty well due to the lack of competition among family movies), but a hit overseas. In many countries, mine included, Mistress of Evil surpassed or are about to surpass the first Maleficent. So, if this is truth, it seems like Disney is making a move towards making movies with a broader appeal for foreign markets.

That said, I hated Pirates 5, it was the second worst of the series behind the utterly atrocious On Stranger Tides. And I like the first three.

I really liked 1 and 2, hated 3, and was OK with 4.  Didn't see 5.  Wouldn't see 6. 

Would possibly see a reboot taking the general idea of pirates in a different direction, but I'm so over both the Jack Sparrow schtick and Johnny Depp in general.

5 hours ago, Patricier21 said:

With all that I stated above they are definitely NOT done with Pirates. And btw MOE has over 90% audience rating on RT and I myself have heard mostly good things.  

I must say, as someone who overall HATES Maleficent 1, and LOVES the original animated Sleeping Beauty, I think this 2nd one is really good!! It is quite well done with a very moving, greatly written script and a surprisingly strong overall morality based on the most common and relatable psychological issues that ALL of us can relate to, besides being very entertaining, emotionally gripping, and just overall fun and insightful to watch!!

If anyone reading this could also please spread the word about it to as many people as possible, it would also be truly gratefully appreciated :)

Why? Do you work for Disney's marketing department or something, and our family-entertainment overlords are shitting themselves about it being 65 million or so short of turning a box-office profit to the extent that they've told staff to drum up business by any means necessary?  

5 hours ago, Sweeping Strings said:

Why? Do you work for Disney's marketing department or something, and our family-entertainment overlords are shitting themselves about it being 65 million or so short of turning a box-office profit to the extent that they've told staff to drum up business by any means necessary?  

He just wants to be loved.

22 hours ago, Arpy said:

Is this copy-pasted text?

Either way, they should just scrap the next PotC films, it's over. 

Whose to say its copy texted?: It looks exactly the same as all other/normal texts  

17 hours ago, mstrox said:

I really liked 1 and 2, hated 3, and was OK with 4.  Didn't see 5.  Wouldn't see 6. 

Would possibly see a reboot taking the general idea of pirates in a different direction, but I'm so over both the Jack Sparrow schtick and Johnny Depp in general.

Like i said even those who didn't like the other Pirates sequels actually quite enjoyed the 5th one. And especially if you like 1 & 2 and even thought 4 was just ok you'll very likely like it :)

11 minutes ago, Patricier21 said:

Whose to say its copy texted?: It looks exactly the same as all other/normal texts  

See your post:

patr.PNG

vs. Edmilson and everyone's posts:

patr 2.PNG