Mike Matessino Star Wars tease?

Dr. Rick

Saw this pop up in my YT notifications on MM's page.   

Star Wars (A New Hope) Special Edition 2CD Soundtrack from 1997; This is the Limited Edition Bound-Book version with laser-etched CDs... back when the format was at its peak. Very classy for its time. I couldn't find any video record of this release, so I made one myself, just for posterity. I remember when this was in places like The Sharper Image, etc. 22 years ago - what a different world!

This of course caused folks to ask if this meant that he was currently working on a new release to which he replied:

This has nothing to do with anything I'm working on. I was discussing it with someone who didn't know about these and found that there really wasn't anything on the web showing what they were. I got nostalgic and decided to pull it out. Contrary to popular belief, not everything is on the internet!

Well?  Is he telling the truth, trying to throw folks off track, or just totally messing with our fragile psyche?  :lol:

This is a problem with JWFan: there's too many emojis expressing joy, happiness and surprise, but not enough expressing the sadness and depression of seeing MM is not currently working on Star Wars (or Indy, or Hook or The Patriot, etc). The one that comes closest is this :(, but it doesn't express how disappointed we all get.

Technically he's not denying that he could be working on Star Wars, he's just denying this particular video was intended as a tease for any theoretical release (which is surely true, because MM wouldn't be so overt with such a thing). 

13 minutes ago, crumbs said:

Technically he's not denying that he could be working on Star Wars, he's just denying this particular video was intended as a tease for any theoretical release (which is surely true, because MM wouldn't be so overt with such a thing). 

MDsx0S6.jpg

I had those versions. I didn't like how the discs slid in because, as we know, CDs scratch. It's designed to damage the discs.

Looking back, the packaging is pretty tacky aside from the nice black 1997 SE emblem cover, which is really nice. The rebellion logo wallpaper design and tacky disc art are frankly ridiculous.

I have these releases. I think they're cool.

That said, nothing Mike wrote here could reasonably be interpreted as a tease for anything, let alone a new Star Wars release.

On 19/11/2019 at 1:17 AM, Stefancos said:

100% CONFIRMED!!! LALALAND TO RELEASE A TWELVE DISC STAR WARS ORIGINAL AND PREQUEL TRILOGY SET PRODUCED BY MIKE MATESSINO!!!!

No sequels? Matessino sucks! I'll boycott all LLL releases!!