Jane Eyre

Really?

There is more music eh?

I thought the latest release was the complete score.

Oh well....

I am sure it has all the major stuff.

To Thornfield isn't in the movie??? :P It's one of my favorites! It has a contemporary style with classic instrumentation that drives me nuts. The horns are little but they are perfect. This track is one of the most fun to listen to, along with Scherzo for Motorcycle and Asteroid field.

I agree that Jane Eyre is a great example that Williams is a master with and without brass.

Williams imitation of old classic style in Festivity at Thornfield is exquisite too. In Thwarted Wedding, Williams departs and tries atonalism in a very scaring effect. This soundtrack is fabulous.

Really?  

There is more music eh?

Oh well....

All teh oficial releases have the same tracks on it. Even the bootleg has only those same tracks, as it used the original Silva Screen cdd release as its source. Tha additioal trtacks didn't belong to the soundtrack recording, but to re-recordings, as explained before.

Quite a few cues on the soundtrack aren't in the movie, actually : Trio - The Meeting, To Thornfield (as I mentioned), Overture, Restoration (although we get a couple shortened arrangements of this theme), Across the Moors and String Quartet (we hear a quartet playing a different song - perhaps non-Williams, I don't know).

JW must have originally scored a much longer movie which was severely cut before being released. Despite this, though, there's a lot of unreleased music. Most notably are some wonderful arrangements of the love theme, with Across the Stars-like harp action underneath the melody. And a very simple but pretty piano arrangement that appears as source music (again, Jane plays this a couple of times).

As for the availibility of the movie, what's Zone 2? I got the movie at the link provided towards the beginning of this thread but I'm sure I'm missing something.

- Adam

Really?  

There is more music eh?

Oh well....

All teh oficial releases have the same tracks on it. Even the bootleg has only those same tracks, as it used the original Silva Screen cdd release as its source. Tha additioal trtacks didn't belong to the soundtrack recording, but to re-recordings, as explained before.

Ahhh OK. I missed that. See I sort of skim through these threads when they get involved in case ya didn't know! Low attention span here! :)

Quite a few cues on the soundtrack aren't in the movie, actually :  Trio - The Meeting, To Thornfield (as I mentioned), Overture, Restoration (although we get a couple shortened arrangements of this theme), Across the Moors and String Quartet (we hear a quartet playing a different song - perhaps non-Williams, I don't know).

JW must have originally scored a much longer movie which was severely cut before being released. Despite this, though, there's a lot of unreleased music. Most notably are some wonderful arrangements of the love theme, with Across the Stars-like harp action underneath the melody. And a very simple but pretty piano arrangement that appears as source music (again, Jane plays this a couple of times).

As for the availibility of the movie, what's Zone 2? I got the movie at the link provided towards the beginning of this thread but I'm sure I'm missing something.

- Adam

I could have sworn I heard Trio-The Meeting in the film. I'll have to check it out again. The last time I watched the film was 4 or 5 years ago. I'm wondering if the Jane Eyre soundtrack is a complete rerecording. I wouldn't be surprised if it was.

Its the original recording, I'm pretty certain. The cues on the soundtrack that are in the movie sound identical to the album as far as I could tell, except for the poor quality of the sound mix in the movie.

I figure Overture and Restoration were written specifically for the album. The other cues were probably for scenes that were cut or music that got cut out of the scenes. Its only about a 90 minute movie which is very short for a story like this. It would make sense if originally it was much longer.

- Adam