Sony says there will be no 2 cd expanded release of AOTC!

Morn

Today I emailed them asking "Is there going to be an expanded 2cd release of the soundtrack for Attack of the Clones?"

I wanted to find out exactly what they ment from their last reponse to the question will there be a release like the TPM UE.

Sony Classical replied with a short and simple "No."

So, now we must either consider using terrorism or start a petition.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Morn in today's highly sensitive and overly politically correct atmosphere, perhaps you should change that word you used

let me give you a new phrase as a suggestion based on the works of Steven Spielberg.

So now we must consider acting like Hippies and form a sit in, or start a petition

To hell with political correctness.

stefancos- surprised that Joe, of all people, is sensitive about this. :?:

Not at all. I just used the moment to try a bit of humor that seems to have failed miserably. oh well at least I tried.

political correctness is one of the great evils of society. It is the great lie.

Joe, who would rather have a 2cd release of HP than AOTC.

Does this mean that there will NEVER be an expanded edition from ANY company, or just not one from Sony Classical? Why would they possibly withhold the wonderful unreleased music Williams wrote?

Sony lied about releasing 'every note of the original music' from TPM so maybe they are also lying about this. Less than a month has gone by since the film has been released - why would they want to announce or admit to a longer/better score release when they are trying to sell the original one disc version?

MoffJake has a good point! why in the world would they tell anyone that they have any plans to release a longer AOTC when they have who knows how many copies of the one disc on shelves now! The shortness of the responses that everyone seems to be getting tells me that no they aren't planning on one now. But the haven't gone as far as to say they won't later!

Look at TPM they said there were no plans to make a 2 cd but then BAM someone finally leaked that they in fact were making a 2 disc. Since there is a petition being created now I guess only time will tell what happens.

Brian99_1 - Who thinks it would be a shame if ATOC is the only Star Wars movie so far without a 2 disc release! :)

Joe, I did not get the joke till you told you were kidding. It was funny though...sort of...well, nt really....it was actually pretty bad...but that's ok, as long as you don't try it again.

On the two CD release that they say is not going to happen, I think it will. They did it for TPM, and they will for AOTC. Hopefully not the same type of release, where they SCREW us all.

Billybobab--

Of course Sony isn't going to release a 2nd disc!

Years ago fans rallied for a 2CD set for Phatom Menace, and they gave it to us, and fans spit in their face just because the last few moments weren't the way Williams wrote it--never mind that the first 2 hours of the movie's score were presented accurately. I actually enjoyed the 2Disc set, and my impressions of The Phantom Menace score is one of 'awe' and admiration.

If we don't get a 2CD score release, it's all our own fault.

never mind that the first 2 hours of the movie's score were presented accurately.

They weren't. Besides, that's not the point. If you edited the choral part of Beethoven's 9th, you couldn't expect customers to be happy with it either.

Anyway, Sony won't do a 2CD release. Good. They can't mess it up. Someone else will release an expanded version.

Marian - quite sure about that.

:) AOTC

Years ago fans rallied for a 2CD set for Phatom Menace, and they gave it to us, and fans spit in their face just because the last few moments weren't the way Williams wrote it--never mind that the first 2 hours of the movie's score were presented accurately.....

That would be true if we were dealing with a 2 year old child, but we are dealing with an international company. If sony believed they could prifit from a 2CD set they would release one. The only relevence of the Phantom Menace 2CD set is how many units were sold. While I also am grateful that the Phantom 2CD was released, any criticism directed at sony was completely justified. The initial marketing was false and misleading, hence the apology from the head of Lucasfilm marketing and John Williams himself has said he was not completely happy with the way his music was used during the end of the film. Yet this was the version they released on CD. False advertising AND a release of the music that the composer was not happy with. C'mon, if that isn't reason to complain then I don't know what is.

We did have to wait 20 years to hear the complete scores for the original trilogy, so although Sony might not have plans now, I for one never give up hope!!!

I have a doubt, somebody said that if Sony doesn´t release the 2CD version of AOTC , others will do but, is that possible? I mean , if Sony has all rights reserved, how can another company (without buying that rights to Sony) release that music? :) :?: :)

Let's tell Bin Laden that Sony blasphemed Allah!

(...and for the hypersensitive PC types, that is just a joke...)

-Chris, Peeved about this development, and even this injustice doesn't justify terrorism...

...but it comes close...

...just kidding again... :)

Years ago fans rallied for a 2CD set for Phatom Menace, and they gave it to us, and fans spit in their face just because the last few moments weren't the way Williams wrote it--never mind that the first 2 hours of the movie's score were presented accurately..

Sorry, but that's completely inaccurate. The TPM UE (like the movie itself) contains multiple loopings, omissions and edits from beginning to end. Perhaps you're not aware of them, but they DO exist.

Sorry again, but that's one of the most ridiculous statements I've read in a long time.

Sorry again, but that's one of the most ridiculous statements I've read in a long time.

I agree with Ricard. Sony is in the business of making. They're not going to miss out on making alot of money just to spite the fans, and give themselves a bad reputation

-Jason

You see everyone was so pissed about the Score being the Filmn Edit score Sony still must be pissed off about it, i think sony is so pissed off there just gona forget the fans after what happin.

Fans Demand a Full Score of TPM

Sony Gives Fans Full score and forget to put Film Edit In This score

Fans Get so pissed off after Sony gose though hell geting tapes ect they say "Screw the Fans No more Full Score"

The End.

You see everyone was so pissed about the Score being the Filmn Edit score Sony still must be pissed off about it, i think sony is so pissed off there just gona forget the fans after  what happin.  

Well, now I'm pissed! :angry:

Who knows what Sony's motivations are either way.

They certainly like to give Williams fans the shaft more often than not. What about their other artists' buyers?

I just got a new (non-Williams, non-film score) CD that came with a special limited edition 2nd disc (FOR FREE, yes... no extra charge) that is a DVD featuring the "making of" the album and quite a bit of really sweet interviews, information, and behind the scenes material. Very well done... and all for free (if only for a limited time)!

Here we have 3 covers, only half the music, and radio promos that have to be hunted down on ebay for ridiculous prices (none of which Williams, or Sony recieves... how stupid is THAT?).

Makes me envious... and pissed... on how poorly us Williams fans are treated and all too often, cheated. Most of us are willing buyers, yet they screw us over and over. :evil:

-Chris, A little peeved... and a full... AS RECORDED score is the only way he'll feel better about this one...

Fans Get so pissed off after Sony gose though hell geting tapes ect they say "Screw the Fans No more Full Score"

Nope, I doubt sony would think like that. They would think, if we can make many with a 2cd release we'll release it. Perhaps they just don't currently have any plans to.