Admission of Adoration

Melange

Alright .... I admit myself to Hedwigs theme 04:16--5:10 Adorers anonymous.

I just LOVE that flurry of trumpets at 04:39 8O .

I could loop it and be in ecstasy all night :jump:

It really makes my hair stand on end when listening on a powerful stereo. I came back really tired from work today, and playing it just once boosted me with adrenaline. :) .

Pointless post i know. But i love sharing tracks which i really adore :oops:

Like Adventures on Earth, i just dont think i could watch a performance of it live and sit there all silent and polite...i'd end up jumping out of my seat and leap across the heads of other spectators to grab hold of Williams conductor stick and do my cocaine crazed russian conductor thing (even though i would'nt know how to conduct). :)

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love it... I also absolutely love this part :

Harry's Wondrous World: 2:59 - 3:36

I was also thinking of posting a topic like this... cues that you love or something like that :)

I have plenty... but don't have the time this ver instant.. perhaps later... hope no one wins me the ones I plan on posting :)

I too have stated that I think that the last two minutes of this track are marvelous. I think it is some of John greatest pieces of music. Those small moments that go beyond genius. And then those last 51 seconds where John and the orchestra go manic, it reminds me of Goldsmith Overture from Twilight Zone at the end when he gets manic. It is just awesome, and on Harry the last 25 seconds reminds me of swarming bee's. And Melange this is not a pointless post, this is exactly the kind some of us really want to read.

I guess you could call this type of music magic, 'course with Harry Potter what else would you call it.

Joe.

I guess you could call this type of music magic, 'course with Harry Potter what else would you call it.

Derivative trite, a thinly concealed reworking of the Hook score, John Williams final descent into mediocrity, a complete and utter rip-off of everything James Horner ever wrote?

Offcourse i would not call it that, but others might.

Stefancos- feeling playfull. :)

Personally, I looooove two tracks from the "American Journey (Call of the Champions, for me)" CD.

One is, of course, Call of the Champions. It brings the best out of competition -- the kind of competition with no winners, just bringing out the most of each person. Altius, Citius, Fortius, [Clarius] . . . . :)

The other is the fifth movement in American Journey: Civil Rights. Boy, that's powerful!! It just gives me strenght to keep on struggling for my cause (whatever it is). It's just like listening to Eye of the Tiger, or The Measure of a Man (both Rocky songs).

I am now in a time of exams where these exams will determine my working future. I need all the help I can get from outside to keep me concetrated. So whenever I feel out of energy (and I've felt this way since, oh, well March), I just play Civil movement to gather the energy to keep on sudying. And right then Call of the Champions to give me confidence to use that energy. :jump: When all this is over (next week) I won't be able to listen to those cues and hear "just music". There's a whole philosophy between each bar.

So thanks John!! :) If I ever become a someone in this world, that's thanks to you.

ROSS - who has those dreadful life-changing exams in a week and fears he won't perform due to mental exhaustment . . . . . . :cry:

Derivative trite, a thinly concealed reworking of the Hook score, John Williams final descent into mediocrity, a complete and utter rip-off of everything James Horner ever wrote?

Stefancos- feeling playfull. :)

I know you must be referring to Attack of the Clones. :)

I still think the end title is as good as it gets but the overal cd still doesn't melt my butter. I find myself programing very few tracks to listen too.

I do like the movie though, quite alot, except for, and I believe this is the problem with TPM and AOTC as well, Ewen McGregor. I have finally come to realize he is terribly miscast. He is completely wrong for the role. He lacks the presence and charisma needed to pull it off. And that is no slam on his acting ability. He is a very good actor, but that role needs a star, and he isn't one. He is a character actor, not a leading man.

Joe, who thinks Harrison Ford to be the best actor to work in the Star Wars movies. He is a true STAR.

No they are right for the parts, but it doesn't change the fact that McGregor just doesn't have the presence needed. It isn't the writing which could be better, its the actor. There are alot of underwritten roles that the right actor gets a hold of and just chews up the screen, Ewen cannot do that.

Joe, who found Hayden Christianson to be an actor of merit.

:) But what about the line about the sand and roughness and all that? :?

Justin -Who thinks McGregor can dance "acting circles" around Christianson. :)

The Face of Pan. that track is, to me, one of the greatest (if not the greatest) piece of music i've ever heard. it is pure, unadulterated magic. the string melody is totally unique and then the chorus effect is used masterfully to perfection and then the cymbals and brass near the end of the first half of the cue just makes it complete. and thne the second half has some of the most heartfelt music from a strings section. truly amazing.

What do you mean? That's got more to do with dialoque rather than Hayden's acting abilities. Hayden can't change those lines.

Or have I misunderstood you?

What do you mean? That's got more to do with dialoque rather than Hayden's acting abilities. Hayden can't change those lines.

Or have I misunderstood you?

Hmm well that's true. I still think that McGregor is a lot better than Christianson.

Justin -Who likes Christianson over Lloyd even with Hayden's flaws. :)

Both are good actors who had to struggle with blue screen and incredibly bad dialogue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In the original trillogies they didn't have all this acting with nothing in front of you. Most was done on location with other actors or actors dressed as creatures. Here not only do you have bad dialogue but you have to act and talk to .... nothing ....

I never said McGregor wasn't a good actor, just that he is wrong for the part.

Hayden Christianson is right for the part. He was Anakin. He is still a boy, and also a man. He is trying to resist the darkside but is being lured anyway. And the look in his eyes after he tells Padme about killing the sand people. Whow.

To me Hayden is far more believable as Anakin than McGregor is a Obi-Wan.

I never said McGregor wasn't a good actor, just that he is wrong for the part.

Hayden Christianson is right for the part.  He was Anakin.  He is still a boy, and also a man.  He is trying to resist the darkside but is being lured anyway.  And the look in his eyes after he tells Padme about killing the sand people.  Whow.  

I agree, Hayden together with Christopher Lee (obviously) are one of the best actors in this episode.

It's VERY difficult to play Anakin, it's one of the most difficult parts to play in the SW saga. You have to act both good and bad, strong and weak, to love and to hate, helpfull and resistant.

With such immensly difficult roles people are easily disappointed, especially when it comes to playing the future Darth Vader. Somehow that disappointment has generally not occured even though chances were high that was bound to happen; this means Hayden did the job and he did it in an excellent way...EVEN with such bad dialoque (but good character formation though).

I would suggest that your statement above validates the actor's performances as to the material they are given.

Obi Wan is written not as Alpha Jedi but as second fiddle to nearly everyone. First, in TPM he is Qui Gon's boy, set against the older, more established Liam Neeson (who was pure casting genius by Lucas - very believable, very confident in his role as a rogue-ish elder Jedi).

Second, in AOTC he is overshadowed/upstaged by other 'father figures' (Sam Jackson, Yoda, Christohper Lee, even that smart-ass Jedi librarian lady) who give the orders and ask Obi-Wan to do the grunt work. The role is written for McGregor to play the older brother rather than the sage Jedi knight (pronounced with the French style K-NE-G-HIT, by the way :| ).

Hayden's genius is that he looks ready to twist off more often than not which makes his eventual morph into Vader that much more believable.

If McGregor played Obi-Wan with the persona of Neeson or Jackson or even Frank Oz it wouldn't work. Ben Kenobi is a foot soldier, taking orders from a higher authority, even past the day he glows blue, always in the shadow of some greater Jedi.

TIM (who is concerned about THE PRICK's name and signature line) :biggrinflip: