Who should be cast as Indy's Love Interest?

Remember those rumours back in 1995 when Sandra Bullock was supposed to be a top favorite for Indy's new love interest?

Then 3 years ago it was Michelle Yeoh?

Well who do you all think should be cast as the sexy new love interest?

My choices are:

Catherine Zeta-Jones. (Her price is pretty high but she did star in a young Indiana Jones Episode, she's already worked with Connery and winning an oscar doesn't hurt.)

Famke Janssen. I can see her as a sexy archeologist -rival with her hair up (Hair down for the action scenes) and sexy glasses.

Roselyn Sanchez. Well ...just look at her!!!! Nuff' said.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keira Knightley! Harrison doesn't seem to have any problem with younger women, so why not?

Ted

I heard what Ocelot heard. Back at a post-Oscar party before last, I think Harrison Ford was hanging with Mr and Mrs Spielberg and some reporter asked them about Indy IV and they said that Willie would be the one Indy settled down with.

If someone mentioned Janet Leigh, then I suggest we use my beloved Tippi Hedren as Indy's love interest. If Tippi is unavailable, then we can use Kate Mulgrew.

Hitch :)

If someone mentioned Janet Leigh, then I suggest we use my beloved Tippi Hedren as Indy's love interest.  If Tippi is unavailable, then we can use Kate Mulgrew.

Hitch  :)

You can use Tippi's daughter Melanie Griffith instead. She hasn't done a film for years.

Beckinsale? Wow, good call.

But maybe they oughta get someone a little closer to Ford's age so it doesn't look so damn ridiculous like it always does in movies when an older dude gets a really young chick?

If we are going young, how bout Mary-Kate, and Ashley, the Olsen twins.

If we are going young, how bout Mary-Kate, and Ashley, the Olsen twins.

Perfect! that settles it then.

How about Hillary Duff?

K.M.

How about  Hillary Duff?

nah, she needs to get her own video game first like...

"Mary Kate and Ashley Vs. Mecha-McGuire at the Mini-Mall"

after that she'll be ready.

yeah.

That means he must have broken up with Marion for the send time in his life at some point.

Stefancos- :)

he already did. She isnt in Last crusade. And definately indy does not think about her.

Yes, because we CAN hear his thoughts throughout Last Crusade...

Ahem, let me puts it this way.

Either Indy does not have a sense of loyalty or Marion does not think that f*c*i*n* with Elsa will do anything to their relationship. And Jones senior could have said, 'Junior, what about Marion?' when he discovers he has done THAT with Elsa.

And Marion was kinda an adverturer, she could have gone whit him, unless she was fed up of adventures after the Ark.

Its like saying James bond is always in love with the previous girl in the following movie...

PS: and with thinking, i meant that his actions do not look like those of a compromised man...

If your going to the other end of the exterme then Gloria Stuart.

Its like saying James Bond is always in love with the previous girl in the following movie...

Yes, and this is a shame (in my opinion) about the Indy movies; they adopted the James Bond practice of a new girl in each film, even though there are only three Indy films as compared to like at least twenty Bond flicks.

When I think of a fourth Indy film, the only thing that I can think of is that bogus screenplay that came out several years ago, "Indiana Jones and the Sons of Darkness," where the artifact of choice was a skull of the Devil's equivalent of Jesus (intending to resurrect such a being composed of the body parts of history's most evil men, like Hitler and Napoleon) stowed away on Noah's ark shortly before the deluge began, because a rotting old ship by itself would not have the apocalyptic impact that the Ark of the Covenenant or Holy Grail would, were either to fall into Hitler's control, and it's probably the only other major Biblical artifact left to look for. I'm not talking religion or something like that, I'm just explaining what that bogus screenplay was about, for those who don't know about it. I spent an evening back in high school reading that script, and even though its historical premise is very iffy, if not tongue in cheek, the fact that it reunited Indy with not only Sallah but his lost-love Marion, and revealed that they had a son whom Marion named Abner, and was conceived the night after Marion bought Indy that drink after failing to convince Government officials "what they've got" in Raiders.

But that script proved to be a fake (though a masterful work of Indy fiction; it even featured scorpions as the next major Indy creepy crawlie, after we've already had snakes, "fortune cookie" bugs, and rats) and has no bearing on what the real Indy IV will be. It was nice, though, to think that after Indy left India and Willie, he was reunited with Marion, left her and shared Elsa with his dad (since she died, she can't be back, thankfully), he'd end up with Marion. She's my favorite of the three Indy girls, she's the girl next door. Willie's just your typical blonde bimbo and whiner (oh, i cracked a nail!). But since she's Spielberg's wife, I guess she's got dibs. If not Marion, I'd rather have Willie, though, than some new Indy girl, since introducing some new interest, like Zeta Jones or Beckinsdale, would make it seem like they're trying to usher in a new series of Indy films; bad idea, leave that concept to the Mummy and Tomb Raider series, sucktacular as they may be. Since this will have George Lucas' involvement, I'm not too optimistic about it, and I don't want it to ruin the Indy franchise the way that other Lucas trilogy was marred.

I think Famke Janssen would be good. I think she would've done a nice Lara Croft too.

Or maybe Denise Richards?

MSM