What is the last film you watched?

MrScratch

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched The Bad Seed last night, its one of those movies that I've seen dozen's of times and yet find myself always watching it when it comes on.

A Bug's Life.

Very funny :) (Never seen it before) Especially those two little guys with the eyebrows (I don't know what that species is called in English).

I love it. IMO still Pixar's best movie.

About The Boy. Hugh Grant in a surprisingly good comedy.

I also was quite pleasantly surprised by this one.

.....or the final duel in Rob Roy.

IMO the best duel this side of Rathbone and Flynn.

Sunset Boulevard - 10/10

bowdownbowdown

I'll see your bows and raise them ten-fold. One of the greats.

I saw Black Hawk Down again. Everytime I see the movie it hits me emotionaly more and more. Zimmer's score is perfect, a one of a kind effort.

Stephen King's It. I was surprised at how much fun this actually was. It's no masterpiece by any means. The acting's so-so, particularly from the younger castmembers, the characters are for the most part one-dimensional cardboard cut-outs, and the low budget shows up in sets, make-up and effects. But despite all that, it's just a lot of fun to go for the ride. The pacing was really good, and the directing looked alright to me. It didn't look like the director added a whole lot to the story, but I liked the way the script was executed anyway. While not a film I would watch again very soon, it's still a nice way to waste an evening. bowdown

I saw Vertigo in class, and then my roommate insisted I watched The Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

Faith in humanity, is... is that you?

... and then my roommate insisted I watched The Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

I don't know why but that film didn't work for me. Maybe I change my mind upon second viewing.

I saw Black Hawk Down again. Everytime I see the movie it hits me emotionaly more and more. Zimmer's score is perfect, a one of a kind effort.

This film didn't work for me; mostly due to that Zimmer score, it annoyed me like hell. The title's also misleading - there were two Black Hawks down.

This film didn't work for me; mostly due to that Zimmer score, it annoyed me like hell. The title's also misleading - there were two Black Hawks down.

Same here, but not because of Zimmer, I just don't like the movie. The last time I turned it off after 20 minutes.

I saw Vertigo in class, and then my roommate insisted I watched The Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

Faith in humanity, is... is that you?

ROTFLMAO:)

I don't know why the score was annoying, it was a rather deft effort. It's a sound scape, as well as a score, and the way he balances between the soldiers and the militia is IMO quite an achievment.

Saw Finding Neverland again. It's still good, but I still think it didn't end on the right note. I've taken quite a liking to the score.

The Insider. Michael Mann is walking on Sidney Lumet's playground and does a pretty good job at it too. My biggest hassle is that somewhere along the way Mann forgot about Russell Crowe's character and the clean-cut New Age music of Lisa Gerrard. I found this movie to be better the first time I saw it.

----------------

Alex Cremers

I actually liked it a lot more the second time around. It's true that he does lose his way with the character a bit, but the pure dramatic power fo the film kept me riveted.

After their adventures in The Insider, Russell Crowe and the underrated Christopher Plummer are back again in My Beautiful Mind. This time the wonderful Jennifer Connelly almost steals the show. Too bad that in the last half hour 'Richie Cunningham' loses his grip on the movie.

----------------

Alex Cremers

Empire of The Sun. A much more brilliant film then when I first saw it. Finally saw it in widescreen this time. Some wonderful tension during the Jappenese Invasion over all a good film. IMO the score is more interesting it can be what some would call "manipulative" in scenes. A good example is when Jim gives his friend CPR after he's shot the music is very bright and exuberant for, what is, a very grim scene. Overall a wonderful film.

Justin

Dodgeball: A True Underdog's Story.

I laughed. Boy, did I laugh. One funny movie, with I'm sure no replay value.

Really, really, funny stuff. Can't really detail what, it just was really, really, funny. Especialy the cameos- Rip Torn is fantastic, and those three cameos in the last third are absolutely inspired, and so brilliantly revealed. Very good score to the movie, too.

Highly recommended for a laugh.

I just watched What Lies Beneath and wow, I love that movie. I never really noticed it before, but I really like Zemeckis's style. He always keeps you interested with the camera work. Of course, Silvestri's score is really good, too, and Michelle Pfeiffer and Harrison Ford give great performances.

~Sturgis

I just watched What Lies Beneath and wow, I love that movie.
:)

One of my favorite movies. Really freaked me out in the theatre! Harrison Ford is so creepy, and Michelle Pfeiffer (such an underrated actress) is super.

It keeps you guessing....really plays out the thing with the neighbors nicely. I love the fog in the bathrrom stuff....ooh...and the ending.... GREAT film.

I haven't watched many movies lately, but... got to see the original Japanese version of Shall We Dance? on a movie channel. :mrgreen:

It's hilarious, I've never seen the Richard Gere-Jen Lopez version (thank goodness), and now I won't bother with it.

The original is called Shall We Dansu? - and basically it's about this uptight, classy accountant guy that suddenly is inspired to take ballroom dance lessons because of a beautiful Japanese girl he sees out of the window on his way home.

So he begins lessons, which is completely out of character for him, and meets some very "interesting" characters. And they are played by great character actors. :mrgreen:

The whole Japanese humor is just great, and the story is perfect. I wouldn't change a thing about it, hard to imagine what the remake would possibly improve. (Except to stick a lovey-dovey Hollywood ending on - blech!)

Greta

Der Untergang. It's quite good but it felt a bit like a TV movie. I still can't believe that one particular thing Eva Braun did near the end. :thumbup:

Elf. Worked for me. Slight, but charming Christmas comedy. Farrell is wonderful in it, and I just got great joy at watching James Caan and Ed Asner, and of course Bob Newhart as the Elvish narrator is an inspired idea. Zooey Deschanel is also particulaly beautiful in the film.

Star Trek - Mirror, Mirror.

This could easily be my favorite episode of TOS that I have seen yet. Space Seed and Balance of Terror are up there too.

Continuing my merry way through season 2...

Justin - ;)

I just watched What Lies Beneath and wow, I love that movie.
;)

One of my favorite movies. Really freaked me out in the theatre! Harrison Ford is so creepy, and Michelle Pfeiffer (such an underrated actress) is super.

It keeps you guessing....really plays out the thing with the neighbors nicely. I love the fog in the bathrrom stuff....ooh...and the ending.... GREAT film.

Ya, the foreshadowing is great too. :)

~Sturgis

anyone else having trouble loading this thread?

it's become too long. lock it and start a new one, or shorten it at least.

it's become too long.  lock it and start a new one, or shorten it at least.

If you have a problem, just load the one before the last page. That works for me.

it's become too long.  lock it and start a new one, or shorten it at least.

Okay, so it's not just me.

lock.gif

Neil