Minority Report press release query

In the latest OFFICIAL press release about Minorty Report this is included in his list accomplishments in 2001:

in 2001, for Best Classical Crossover Album, for Perpetual Motion, starring eclectic banjo master Bela Fleck.

I know that guitarist John Williams worked on this album but not OUR John Williams. I also know that this is a common problem of identity as guitarist Williams also performs film music, but how could this error be included on an official press release???

Am I wrong??

Thanks all, just wondering if anyone else noticed this?

Jedijim

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I also noticed this and I don´t think, that John Williams (composer) is involved with this CD-project.

But why could this happen to a official press release? Just simply because somebody writing/checking a press release not always means that he/she knows up to 100 % what he/she is writing about.

Where do they get there information? I think from official and also un-official sources (like the internet). And if you ever searched for "John Williams" on cdnow or amazon, you know which results you get... :evil:

And there are - for sure - thousands of JW-fans, who have bought a guitar-cd (or the other way round)...

-Alawill

But wasn't "our" Williams at least nominated for Best Classical Crossover Album as well (I think it was in 2001) for that Gershwin violin stuff or so?

Marian - who has never heard that album.

Marian is correct.

The "Gershwin Fantasy" disc with Joshua Bell and the London Symphony Orchestra was nominated for Best Classical Crossver in 1999.