Jaws, on a scale of 1 to 10.

JoeinAR

On a scale of 1 to 10, 1=worst 10=best  

40 members have voted

1. 1.

Speaking of Deep Blue Sea, did anyone catch the Jaws reference in that movie?  It's subtle, but it's there.

Hint, Hint - in Jaws this was a reference to a particular kind of movie that Spielberg wanted to direct

Neil

I give up. Please tell!

~Harry

Hell, Neil, tell me too. I don't know.

Joe, who cannot watch Deep Blue Sea except in bits and pieces

You guys are no fun.

In Jaws when they cut open the tigershark, a licence plate is pulled out with the numbers "007" on it. This was Spielbergs homage to the Bond series, as he wanted to direct a Bond film but couldn't.

In Deep Blue Sea the same licence plate is found at one point.

Neil

Ahhh. I just beat you!

I never noticed the 007 part! I must watch the movie now!

I think he should direct one, and that means we'll get a new score!

~Harry

King Mark, if you really think "Jaws" would have been better with CGI, I feel sorry for you.  I'm but you really lucked out finding friends who share your same vulgar, bad tastes and cockeyed perception of what makes good, realistic entertainment.

I don't know Figo,but the more i read your posts,the more I don't like you.The above quote just about seals it with you."Holiday" was like that for a while then stopped and apologised..What makes YOU the top thinker and "I am right and everybody that contradicts me is brainless"You write posts like an hapless egocentric philosopher here.How old are you?What did you ever achieve in your life aside dreaming you could do a better Star Wars film than Lucas.

K.M.

dish of milk anyone.

Joe, who doesn't want a cat fight in a Jaws thread.

I gave it an 8.5 (voted an 8). It's a great film. And the score is Williams' first breakthrough to fame (Although I like the score to Jaws 2 better, there is no comparison between those 2 movies).

And Deep Blue Sea WAS terrible. In fact, to follow Joe's line, the only thing really watchable in that was the semi-nude chick. ;)

And Figo, disagree with KM and Luke's opinions about CG (clearly a "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" catagory opinion) and viciously insulting them are two very different things.

Chris, if you gave it an 8.5 then you should have voted a 9, because you alway round a .5 up to the next number. You cheated it you evil #$%&*@! :mrgreen:

No, all kidding aside who, was and pardon me, STUPID enough to give it a 3.

let us know who you are so that you can be properly and thoroughly berated. ;) :twisted:

Joe, who is kidding, yea right.

Oops, Joe. You caught me on a technicality. I'm changing my vote to an 8.4 then. Now we can round it to an 8 like I placed. Hehehehehh... :twisted:

With Jaws, it's really a masterpiece, but it's not one that I watch over and over and over again. I've probably only seen it 3 or 4 times all the way through. So, although it's a 4 star movie and I could have easily rated it a 9 or a 10, I personally gave it an 8 because it hasn't spurred me to re-watch it all the time.

A similar thing with me and Schindler's List. Different type of film, a masterpiece, 4 star/10 rating, but I don't rewatch it over and over either. Probably only watched it 3 or 4 times with that as well.

"Holiday" was like that for a while then stopped and apologised.

Not really. Holiday never stopped. He/she posted a fake apology, then went on and on and on until he/she got banned.

Chris, while I don't think Schindlers List is as good a movie as Jaws, I understand what you are saying. I believe I devoted an entire thread to this once, but to me Schindlers List is very draining experience, and I cannot watch it much at all. Jaws leaves me exhilirated, Schindler leaves me exhausted.

Joe, who is exhausted from mowing the grass, and weeding his garden.

A similar thing with me and Schindler's List. Different type of film, a masterpiece, 4 star/10 rating, but I don't rewatch it over and over either. Probably only watched it 3 or 4 times with that as well.

It seems that you are saying 4 stars out of 10! That is a master piece? :)

Luke, knowing that he meant 4 stars out of 4, and a 10 points movie :(

Well,I guess it's a matter of tastes and what affects you.Not beeing very familiar with the holocaust and WW2,,Schindler's List and SPR did little for me,while A.I did.

K.M.

I don't know Figo,but the more i read your posts,the more I don't like you.
And Figo, disagree with KM and Luke's opinions about CG (clearly a "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" catagory opinion) and viciously insulting them are two very different things.

Mother of Mercy! With two thirds of the Phantom Zone Trio aligned against me, my evil powers are fading!

But with the approval of Stefancos, I... may... yet... find... strength...

It seems that you are saying 4 stars out of 10! That is a master piece? :D

Luke, knowing that he meant 4 stars out of 4, and a 10 points movie ;)

Yes. On a 10 scale, which more accurately describes your opinion of the film. 4 out of 4 stars or 10 on a 1-10 scale.

Mother of Mercy! With two thirds of the Phantom Zone Trio aligned against me, my evil powers are fading!  

Bah! Stefancos is outnumbered and in danger of losing his position. The young Potter fellow shows signs of taking his place. And there are other candidates waiting in the wings as well... :twisted:

The Towner Knight Phantom Trio is a bit like the Sith and I'll replace my lackeys as I see fit. This reminds me of a quote from a message board long ago from a poster who was rumored to be killed or wounded horribly in "The Other Topics Board War of 2001"...

"Always three there are. A Master, an apprentice, and some other guy..."

:twisted:

Bah! Stefancos is outnumbered and in danger of losing his position. The young Potter fellow shows signs of taking his place.

Mwahahahaha! :D :twisted: ;) :twisted:

:)

Perhaps the sorting hat should have put you in Slytherin afterall.

Or perhaps you are actually Tom Riddle. :D

Perhaps the sorting hat should have put you in Slytherin afterall.

Or perhaps you are actually Tom Riddle. :D

The world may never know. ;)

Any news on more teasers?

~Harry

Mother of Mercy!  With two thirds of the Phantom Zone Trio aligned against me, my evil powers are fading!  

You have, my young apprentice.

Wipe them out, all of them!!!

Stefancos- who will never be replaced by hat do-gooder Potter.

I don't know Figo,but the more i read your posts,the more I don't like you.The above quote just about seals it with you."Holiday" was like that for a while then stopped and apologised..What makes YOU the top thinker and "I am right and everybody that contradicts me is brainless"You write posts like an hapless egocentric philosopher here.

If anyone remembers; it was I that almost put Holiday into retirement back in the old days, before Ricard used his 'emergency powers' and banned the, uh, 'thing' completely.

Now; I would hate to see the same happen to Figo. Holiday and Figo have very little in common. I remember Holiday ranting about how good Britney Spears is and that classical music has become obsolete. I have a feeling such viewpoints would make Figo puke.

But Figo does share Holiday's alleged superiority and most of his post are drowned in pseudo-philisophical and pretentious ga-ga. Or perhaps I'm just too stupid to get them. I guess Figo would agree with the latter... ;)

Anyway; Figo has knowledge. And a seriousley cool amount of it. There is no one on this board as well known with music's past. And that's great. Whenever classical music is brought up, Figo enriches the perspectives. Thanks 'old bean'! :D

Anyway, part II. Figo is over-opinionated too. And sometimes in a negative way. I freaked when Yoda attacked Count Dooku in Attack Of The Clones. I litteraly freaked. I remember the audience going crazy. It was one of the greatest experiences I ever had in a Dutch theatre (Dutchies are usually too passive or remote to, uh, 'freak' during a movie). But I already knew then that there would be people who wouldn't allow themselves to enjoy such a moment, who feel saver (or more interesting) to critisise a scene like that. I feel you are one of those people.

But, just stay who you are! I guess you have no plans to do otherwise, but we need guys like Figo here.

We didn't really need Holiday, but Figo is cool.

Really. Or is this sounding too gayish now? (no offense intended)

Bye,

Roald

Roald is right, we definatly need Figo, he's smart, knows his subjects and isn't afraid to to let someone know he disagrees with him.

He's this MB's antidote to our friendly and benovolent and horrible PC Harry Potter (no offense Harry, but you are just so....nice).

And Roald, i had the exact same exepience the fist time i saw AOTC, the crowd went absolutely wild from the moment Yoda came walking in, looking like a badsass SOB who was gonna kick ass. (must have been the first time Samual L. Jackson was NOT the collest guy in a film)

About dutchies being rather passive in the cinema, i agree, but i noticed that during AOTC, a very large amount of the audience were not from the Netherlands, there were people from Scandinavia, several Eastern european countries, and a hell of a lot of Germans.

I think they really wanted to see this film in it's original language :D

Stefancos- who watched the Yoda/Dooku duel over and over again.

Roald is right, we definatly need Figo, he's smart, knows his subjects and isn't afraid to to let someone know he disagrees with him.  

Well, yes we need him, but we NEED his verbal aggressions? ;) *

Stefancos- who watched the Yoda/Dooku duel over and over again.

HOW? ;) wouldn't you have that part isolated, right? :):D

And yes, people here also applauded yoda scene.

*I do not mind them, really. I know he says them with love** ;)

**Not sure if it sounds good, but in spain it will be funny-sarcastic

And neither I am afraid of let someone know that i dissagree with him. I stated many times I LIKE TMP as is in the movie... :roll:

(but thanks to you guys, i'm starting to dislike it :twisted: )

:D;)

He's this MB's antidote to our friendly and benovolent and horrible PC Harry Potter (no offense Harry' date=' but you are just so....nice).quote']

:D

None taken! I'm glad you chose nice words to say about me.

~Harry, friendly and benevolent. ;)

You have, my young apprentice.

Wipe them out, all of them!!!

Well you do not see TPM very much huh*? Sidious told that to Nute Gunray, not Maul.

*Bad music editing, right? :D

Stefancos- who will never be replaced by hat do-gooder Potter.

You will be, You will be

Only wanting to say that, i dont' think he can replace you, you two are very different.

Now, now... nobody is asking for Figo's banishment, guys. But I can see how Luke and KM would be a little upset because Figo did come down rather hard on them. I was just sticking up for them, even though I am completely on the fence on this issue. Some CG is pretty good, some is pretty bad. And, it isn't a fact... it's just personal opinion on what looks "beautiful" and what looks like "crap". SO... on this issue, Figo shouldn't have blasted them so badly, even though I lean towards agreeing with him more than KM and Luke here. Just not the way he argued his point. That's all.

You know, probably if you look at every veteran member's message board posting history, there was at least one or two times when they offended others, sometimes intentionally, sometimes accidentally. Let's not be hypersensitive, now. We all are grown-ups. (Well... MOST of us that is, :mrgreen: ).