Windtalkers, anyone?

NeejaHalycon

I saw Windtalkers at Barnes and Nobel over the weekend, so I assume it's out. I listened to a little bit and it seemed OK.

Has anyone gotten it yet? Or are you waiting to see the movie?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm interested in hearing it, though I've heard some bad things about it. It's Horner, and I don't much care for modern Horner. I thought (okay hoped) that since the movie had been delayed for a year, maybe he'd have extra time to compose and come up with something original as oppoosed to what he's been churning out the last couple of years. From the review that I read though, apparently its just more of the same.

Neil

It's actually pretty good IMO. There are some obvious Horner-isms, but on the whole, one of the most original things he's done in a while. Some of the tracks are a little on the a-tonal/ chaotic side, which is a nice change for him and he pulls it off well.

It's good..not fantastic, great, but it's definately a very good score.

Jamesyboy - who still is a Horner fan

I remember reading somewhere that a person reaches their intellectual prime in their forties.

In his forties, Williams wrote:

Jaws, Star Wars, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Superman, The Empire Strikes Back, Raiders of the Lost Ark, and E.T. The Extra Terrestrial (just to name a few).

James Horner will turn 48 this year. In his forties, he's written:

not a whole lot that comes close to matching his pre-1991 output.

I used to love Horner (and still have quite the affection for the earlier stuff), but I consider him to be one who has come to the point of merely composing by numbers far too often.

Yeah, I'll probably buy Windtalkers, listen to it once, and let it collect dust.

Bruckhorn

40s probably or early 50s, but after 50s it's all down hill, you'll slowly get stupider and die ;)

40s probably or early 50s, but after 50s it's all down hill, you'll slowly get stupider and die :mrgreen:

John Williams is getting stupider every day... :(

Justin -Who thinks Morn is even mor stupider. :evil:

;)