David Prowse, to return as Darth Vader in Ep. III

JoeinAR

according to Dark Horizons, you will have to scroll down a ways to read this snippet which is in the lime green field

mindyou its not confirmed anywhere so it is a rumor at this point, but if true then at least Lucas is staying true and loyal to one character and his actor, as he has in the past.

YOU ARE PART OF THE REBEL ALLIANCE, AND A SPY!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No Morn, i'm sure that the ORIGINAL 1977 version of the film, without the title A NEW HOPE used the line:

YOU ARE PART OF THE REBEL ALLIANCE, AND A SPY!

Stefancos- who doesn't give a damn if Prowse returns, as long as James earl Jones does the voice again.

I forgot what kind of illness he has, but I think it's some sort of degenerative thing or something. It might just be severe arthritis. I know when I saw him back in...'95(?), I think he was wearing leg braces or he was walking with a cane or both. Then about a year ago, he was admitted to a hospital for something of the same effect as a case of severe arthritis. I'd really be surprised if he'll be behind the suit.

If anything, I think Hayden'll probably take over. I've heard he's going to have to bulk up quite a bit for III and he seems pretty anxious to wear the suit (or so he says). If an actor is willing to go through that kind of torture, then how could Lucas say no? He'd save money on hiring an extra actor to get in the suit. James Earl Jones will probably definitely be hired. I just can't see Lucas denying the audience of something they've been starving for not only since TPM, but for 19 years (and counting). It fits with the plot, so why not?

I read a tiny article in a newspaper during one of my breaks at work the other day. It was from Prowse saying that he just cant see Hayden playing his part in ST3. I think it went "the guy is only 5ft 7 and is a beanpole..i'm over 7ft and when i did the part i was in top shape and over 260 pounds". We have to remember that Prowse is exceptionally tall and was a bodybuilder all of his life (aswell as being our British "Green Cross Code" man muscled to the roof. But i suppose camera work would give the illusions of height.

He only had the voice with the mask on, remember ROTJ?

No, I do not remember since i have the Spanish version, and Anakin has the same voice as Vader but without metallic sound, with is more feasible and believable.

Luke, believing that Spanish Vader's voice is cooler than english one ;)

Anyway, assuming that either Prowse or Christensen play the part, and Jones provides the voice, the number of actors to have played/voiced the character remains five. :mrgreen:

Marian - who despises dubs.

I associate James Earl Jones the most strongly in his roles as Thulsa Doom in Conan the Barbarian and as Admiral Jim Greer in the Jack Ryan movies. I just love his Thulsa Doom character in Conan though...so slimy...hehehe :mrgreen:

"look at the strength in your body...the desire in your heart...I gave you this.....MMmm...tis a pity.....contemplate this on the tree of woe.....CRUCIFY hiiimmmmm"

James Earl Jones already recorded some lines for Episode III, just in case he left us before production began.

Where did you hear this news? Did I miss something?

~Harry

"the guy is only 5ft 7 and is a beanpole..i'm over 7ft and when i did the part i was in top shape and over 260 pounds". We have to remember that Prowse is exceptionally tall and was a bodybuilder all of his life (aswell as being our British "Green Cross Code" man muscled to the roof. But i suppose camera work would give the illusions of height.

Well I hate to nit pick here, but Hayden is 6'2". He has also stated in interviews that they have asked him to "bulk up" a bit for the role.

Seriously people, Prowse sounds like a bloody has been who was only ever known for being a body in a suit and is trying to clutch on to any fame he might be have had. I seriously don't see any need for him to be in Episode III. Hayden can do it all just fine.

James Earl Jones already recorded some lines for Episode III, just in case he left us before production began.

Where did you hear this news? Did I miss something?

~Harry

I don't believe you missed anything Harry. I've never heard of Jones having already recorded his EpIII dialogue. They aren't even finished with the script yet. It's been known for a long time he'd be needed though.

Prowse is an asshole. Who the hell does he think he is? He's nothing now. He's a nobody. Outlived his usefulness.

And for him to say the fans will boycott the film if he doesn't play Vader? Get over yourself, man.

Prowse is not 7 feet tall never was, he is about 6ft 7 inches.

Peter Mayhew was 7 ft 3in. tall when he played Chewie but he doesn't do much acting now.

I think it is fine if Lucas has him play the man behind the mask.

Lucas gets trashed here regularly but he has been very loyal to his former cast members, and that is a trait that I find admirable.

Joe

Joe I was just about to tell you Mayhew wasn't dead, but it seems you beat me to it. He's a regular on convention circuit these days signing autographs, though prior to 97 he wasn't in the public eye which led to rumours of his death.

I wrote he was dead and then I realized that he wasn't. I suddenly remembered that I was thinking of the big tall black guy who played Harry, the bigfoot in that movie Harry and the Henderson. Kevin Peter Hall, was his name and he died of aids in 1991, which he contracted in a blood transfusion.

Seriously people' date=' Prowse sounds like a bloody has been who was only ever known for being a body in a suit and is trying to clutch on to any fame he might be have had. I seriously don't see any need for him to be in Episode III. Hayden can do it all just fine.[/quote']

Woah woah woah...Heheh. Prowse was only joking in saying that guys. He said all that tongue in cheek. British humour can many times be interpreted the wrong way.