diskobolus

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FOTR 208 min

TTT 223 min

ROTK 250 min (minus end credits)

That's 681 minutes, meaning 11 hours and 21 minutes. (though if you are watching a PAL DVD it will only last about 653 minutes) :thumbup:

Long, but not as long as i'd wish.

Wow- almost 11 and a half hours of solid film! It?s amazing to think about someone overseeing the production of that much footage including script, shooting, special effects in a few years? time- and doing a right good job of it too!

nja- with even more appreciation for what is truly an incredible accomplishment on PJ?s part

True enough, but still, Jackson was the guy who had to take responsibilty for the whole artistic vision, maintain an overall level of quality etc.

Has to go down as one of the greatest achievements of any director past, present, future.

Independence Day in alien invasion

Dude someone seriously needs to see Day the Earth Stood Still, no it doesn't have cool special effects, but it has a very well and intelligent written script and good direction.

Dude, I have seen The Day the Earth Stood Still, and I remember it being the story of Jesus Christ in the 20th Century, not an invasion.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

http://comingsoon.net/news/dvdnews.php?id=3805

Seems the first reports of ROTK coming out early this year, followed by talks of it not coming out early and it actually coming out in Nov were wrong.....err right.....

The King makes his return in filmmaker Peter Jackson's stunning conclusion to "The Lord of the Rings" Trilogy, arriving on DVD and VHS on May 25, 2004. The home video debut of The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King will follow the groundbreaking success of the multi-tiered platform releases of both "The Fellowship of the Ring" and "The Two Towers," and will be available on a two-disc DVD and VHS for $29.95 and $24.97, respectively. A special extended edition of "The Return of the King" will follow as planned in time for the holidays.  

This is a primary a J.W. website and not Shore or LOTR.

Moderator please unstick this message, it is time to say goodbye.

Andreas ( Admin )

Hahaha...very funny, but April fools day is over Andreas.

Oh come on, what else can be said about that score that hasn't been said in 10 pages of thread over four month? Face it, Stefancos, it's time to move on.

-Ross, who can say all he needs about ROTK in one 50-word post.

"Yeah and Benthic Petroleum funded it, so as long as they're holding the pink slip <whistle> I go where they tell me".

Neil

• 1 month later...

Well, t's 5 AM and I just finished watching the ROTK DVD (yes, I'm one of those fools who picked it up at a 24/7 Wal-Mart).

Wonderful of course, but I can't wait for the EE. No doubt this is the best of the three theatrical releases, but like the first two, it still feels like something of an overview.

BTW, I am waiting to purchase the EE- I picked this one up for a friend.