Need advice and a little help :)

Luke Skywalker

Well as i said i was trying to get all Spielberg-Williams collaborations and Williams expanded scores, well i have found:

Amistad (bought today ;) )

Jaws SE, 16.5 Euros

Jaws, 12 Euros

Jaws 2 (not a williams -Spielberg neither Expanded, but it is out of print and i want to have jaws 1 & 2 :mrgreen:), 13.7 Euros

Close Encounters on the Third Kind SE, 20.1 Euros. Imported (and i think even more expensier than in USA!) <- yes it IS, i checked and it costs 14.95 dollars (about 16 Euros!!!)

Superman 2 CD Williams (not Varesse), 23.2 Euros

Empire of the Sun, 8 Euros

1941, 15 Euros (is this out of print??)

So what should i buy? I got 40 euros to spend

I got a week since it is the European month of the music and all prices are with discounts, so tell me!

I cannot afford two scores of the same movie, so why is the old Jaws better than the new?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Buy:

Jaws SE 16,5

1941 15

Empire of the Sun 8

That makes 39,5 euro's

So have have 50 cents left to bu an icecream!

You decision should probably rest on what kind of Williams music you like. If you like action and loud music, 1941 is a good choice, as are both Jaws. If you like strange dramatic music, you might like Close Encounters.

~Harry

Luke, buy the Jaws for 12

and Jaws 2 for 13.7

and 1941 for 15. you'll have to scrap up .7 euros but believe me you want the original Jaws first. It will soon disappear and Jaws 2 is harder to find, as is 1941. The rest are pretty easy to find, get them later.

The original Jaws is a better listening experience than the expanded edition, it has the concert arrangements of the music which plays well.

joe

The original Jaws is a better listening experience than the expanded edition, it has the concert arrangements of the music which plays well.

joe

:? :) (confused) I do not know what to do! I want the completest and film appearing tracks, but i got a little dissapointed with ET 20th, because it had not the concert arrangements i have in a compilation CD... I got the Jaws theme in that CD, is that the only concert arrangement? (surely not :P)

Why is the old more listenable? The SE is good too? how much will i left if i do not buy the SE?

I prefer a 70 min CD than a 50 one but tell me :(

Luke, VERY confused

Both Jaws CD's are very worthwile.

The old MCA CD has longer "album version's" (NOT concert versions, Walter) of Out To Sea,, Promenade, Building The Cage.

And many of the other tracks have diofferent arrangements then the original film tracks.

In the Netherlands, the old Jaws CD can still be found fairly easily, even though it's long OOP.

Stefancos- who sees the old Jaws CD more in stores then the new one.

Well, guess what? my parents are going to buy me one, BUT in the other hand i hadan't 40 euors, only 30 :):(

Well i think i'll go for Jaws SE, Jaws 2 and 1941 (how good is this one?), and maybe Empire of the sun.

:P

Luke, happy :(

If I were you, I would buy the ones that are harder to get. So, Jaws 2 and 1941 would be my first choices. Then Jaws would be my next priority. The others I would buy later!