Minority Report on Ebay?

PetePan

Look at Ebay

It's on there for only $1, but look at the scan. It's the same picture from the Dreamworksrecords site, since it says "in store at 18-06-2002".

And the shipping costs are quite high too.

What do you think, is this guy auctioning the album or not?

PetePan

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

why should he not auction the album? there is enough time left to buy the album officially before the auction ends... the only question is: why? maybe he/she´s working at dreamworks-records? and got some releases for free?

I figured he should have ended the auction before the soundtrack is available. If you ask me, that would have been a better selling point.

~Harry

You are right, there is no unique selling point, since everybody can buy that CD at teh time the auction ends...

But below is a quote from the website that says that shipping is $20??

Free Shipping On Purchases Over $100 for domestic delivery. International rates vary depending on the country. For orders under $100, shipping is $20. All items are insured and guaranteed to be in working condition upon arrival.

PetePan

That thief doesn't have the CD. He will buy it and then RE-SELL it when it's officially released.

He wasn't even able to "copy and paste" properly the info from the official website, nor saving the CD cover before they added the 'soundtrack in stores 6/18/02' note.

:roll:

I'm not so sure. Promos usually hit by now (surprised I haven't seen them already), and often they don't have any artwork at all. He/she probably just stole the scanned image (like we all do, LoL!).

Of course, many people DO buy the CD after the auction is over and ship it. Is that really stealing though? Often times, people lose money doing it that way.

-Chris, Who's piled up many good wins on ebay getting stuff for under retail (and even book value) with people trying the same stunt that this dude is trying (once won a $50 MOC Star Wars figure for $5! LOL!!! I wish THAT happened more often!).

Pfiew, I placed the first bid in a rush and boy am I happy that 4 others have placed a bid too now. I didn't relaize that the CD is alrady in store when the auction ends. I think this is a thief too!