John Williams wins saturn award

Romão

For A.I. The movie won other four awards, for best Sci-fi movie, best screenplay, best actor (Osment) and best special effects (which it also should've won in the OSCARS).

Hit the link for details:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...__5_saturn_nods

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The biggest Mistake that the Oscarjury ever made was the Oscar for Howard Shore. I'm glad to hear that A.I. gets this award instead...

Perhaps you aren't aware of who won against Superman, The Empire Strikes Back or Raiders of the Lost Ark, to name just a few.

We posted at the same time or rather I didn't see your post when I pressed submit, Stefan :mrgreen:

The biggest Mistake that the Oscarjury ever made was the Oscar for Howard Shore. I'm glad to hear that A.I. gets this award instead...

I couldn't agree with you more...

I couldn't agree with you more...

Another one who doesn't know what happened in 1979, 1981 and 1982... :roll:

Losing to a quality score like FOTR isn't nearly as bad as losing to "FAAAAME....I WANNA LIVE FOREVER!!!"

Stefancos- who hates Fame, the film, the series, the LP's and everything about it with an unrelenting passion most people can only dream of. :mrgreen:

LOL..They showed the movie on British T.V the other week. I had'nt seen it in years.

I was in hysterical laughter. That bloody canteen dance routine where it looks like most of the school had just snorted 20 lines of coke and were giving it some in the music and dance department. .Dont those people every sleep?..I bet they do a double backflip out of bed in the moring.I laughed at LeRoy's over gyrating hips, crotch grabbing and explosive temper tantrums. The character of Bruno the electronic synth geek similar to Jean michel Jarre is also a laugh. I think i used to like him the most as a kid when i watched the series because i was more like him really ie- "the highly misunderstood kid". hehehe. I also like his classical music instructor, bit like a jewish bank manager. We also used to have an LP in the house of music from Fame..Oh dear, oh deary me.

1991? That was JFK which lost. I think you could agree that the scores for The Empire Strikes Back, Raiders of the Lost Ark, and Superman were all better and more deserving of the award than JFK.

~Harry

1991?  That was JFK which lost.  I think you could agree that the scores for The Empire Strikes Back, Raiders of the Lost Ark, and Superman were all better and more deserving of the award than JFK.

JFK is still a very good score. :)

Justin -Who really likes JFK and wonder's if he will like it more once he has seen the movie.

:music: Batman (Danny Elfman)

I completely disagree, Howard Shore deserved that award, and I hope it's the fist of many he will recieve.

Stefancos- who thinks the Fellowship score is one of the best he ever heard.

I hafta agree with you on that one. It is a score that I listen to very frequently (not that I don't also listen to John Williams Music as well). I just think that Howard Shore deserved it.