The Official Michael Giacchino Thread

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Jay said:

Clumsy cuts?  What do you mean?

It was cut from twelve minutes to about six.  I think this is the standard concert arrangement which has been around since 2009.  

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/8031298/composer-michael-giacchino-on-planet-of-the-apes-lin-manuel-miranda-hamilton

Another good article, Giacchino talks about the Incredibles and mentions a message board, possibly fsm or here concerning negative reactions to his pun titles.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Translation: I did not have the Episode IX, but that does not stop me from making some fun stuff for the next Indi movie.

Sorry, Giacchino! I can not avoid this thought!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

For Star Trek, there are a few differences between the OST and the DE.  For one, the revised opening logo cue appears in its own track on the OST ("Star Trek"), while it is combined with most of "Narada Bing" on the DE (which they then renamed to "Star Trek").  Another is "Enterprising Young Men", which is shorter on the OST because the DE version features that extra bit for Checkov failing to take off after Kirk gives the command that was trimmed out of the OST version.

For Star Trek Into Darkness, you don't really need the OST;  The OST track "Kronos Wartet" is simply a shortened edit of the tracks "Klingon Chase / Meeting" and "Harrison Attack" from the DE.  The OST track "Brigadoom" is identical to the DE track "Harrison's Heart / Enter The Vengeance", they just changed the name.  And "Star Trek Main Theme" is part of the end credits, its up to you to decide if its worth holding on just to have it in its own track.

For Star Trek Beyond, every single OST track appears in the same form on the DE, under the same name.

The only two aspects that bother me about Giacchino are his albums usually sounding dry and THAT CLAIRE DOESN'T HAVE HER OWN THEME.

THAT STILL CHEESES ME OFF

I DEMAND A CLAIRE SUITE

A CLAIRE MEDLEY

...anyway, I really want Claire to have her own theme and really hope she has one in Fallen Kingdom. Unlikely, but not impossible.

watching Dr. Strange and I realize I am hearing Star Trek music. ugh

Bummer, Williams was here twice since 2010, Ft Worth and Houston. Giacchino came to Dallas in 2012. Myself and a few members here attended the Williams rehearsal in Ft Worth and met him and got stuff signed.

I went to the Giacchino concert and was able to meet him after the concert and get autographs and a picture taken.

He also had Star Trek and Into Darkness music to picture concerts here as well, San Antonio and Houston I believe. I wasn’t able to attend those.