The Official Michael Giacchino Thread

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its being setup by Tommy Tollarico I think.

Tommy's not that good of a composer, only thing I really like from him was War of the Monsters

Its being setup by Tommy Tollarico I think.

Tommy's not that good of a composer, only thing I really like from him was War of the Monsters

He was alot better back in the day.

Nowadays hes pretty humdrum and undistinguished.

It was supposed to be last year but they postponed it

Yeah I know, but I still have not heard much since it got pushed back. I hope the project was not scrapped completely. That would be a truly massive downer after all the build up.

I would be very discouraged myself if that happened.

Yes so far i'm coping with it, off course life would never be completely the same...

Geee I could only imagine the dire straights you would be in if something tragic were to occur with Mr. Giacchino.

Stefan on suicide watch! :)

Oh yes, that'll be a huge opening.....

Like I said before I would attempt one myself but I dont know how to put these web pages together.

I need to find another Giacchino fan who is equally devoted! ROTFLMAO

It's a composer's promo (CDR). It was sent free with a large order I placed from Buysoundtrax.com's ebay store. I was suprised to find it in my package but I'm not complaining. I've heard a rumor that it may see a legit release sometime this spring.

Yeah I know, it was the first time that there had been an actual orchestra used for videogames so it wasn't gonna be that good yet

I wish Mike would get the chance to score one of these big upcoming epic adventure movies. Imagine the kind of work he could do with a grandiose score budget? 8O

Overall a pretty well done score, although I wish the music that is playing in the game when the Japanese are attacking Pearl Harbor was there, it had such a good chorus. Ah well, maybe it'll turn up somewhere.

Overall a pretty well done score, although I wish the music that is playing in the game when the Japanese are attacking Pearl Harbor was there, it had such a good chorus.  Ah well, maybe it'll turn up somewhere.

You've played it then? How did you feel about it overall?

There's a Special Edition of Medal of Honor: Allied Assault. The box says the soundtrack is included. Does that mean the CD is in the deal?

----------------

Alex Cremers

Allied Assault's soundtrack had nothing new in it except the main theme, Michael had said he planned on releasing a compilation album sometime....

Allied Assault's soundtrack had nothing new in it except the main theme, Michael had said he planned on releasing a compilation album sometime....

So, am I to understand that it's a CD with the same music, except for the main theme, as the original Medal of Honor which is selling top cash at eBay's?

----------------

Alex Cremers

You do realize that Giacchino composed 15 minutes of new music for Allied Assault.

-Erik-

Thats not true!

There were like 5 new tracks.

Including Tiger Attack, some music for the North African and final German missions and a track called "Snipertown". ;)