The Official Michael Giacchino Thread

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tinny? The first time I played the SE of Jedi I had to make sure my tweeters weren't blown out. There is very little high frequency on it and the whole thing sounds very muffled.

I know it's weird, when I play my, PRESSED CD, it sounds tinny but with like boosted low frequencies too.

Alex, I buy plenty of CD's, but I can't afford everything I want so I get mp3's.

Perhaps it sounds different to different people because they are listening on very different types of sound systems.

I gotta go back and relisten to the SW Trilogy soundtracks again and see how the sound quality is again.

Anyway going back to what I said before I would love to see Giacchino do one of those "SW scores for books" soundtracks like the one McNeeley did for Shadows of the Empire.

Imagine how much ass that soundtrack could kick?

Just got the Call of Duty soundtrack sampler off eBay for 5 bucks.

I don't think it's the best of Giacchino's work, he definately is doing something drastically different than his previous works. Plus the stupid sampler doesn't have enough music.

Red Square and the whole Russian theme is the best part(s) of the soundtrack

LOL I just got the same copy off of eBay for $5.00 as well.

Actually I find it to be more serious than the MOH series. I like it.

I still want more themes then just random action music, hence why I like the Red Square track so much :)

You gotta admit, since you probably bought off the same guy I did, he ships Damn fast

I still want more themes then just random action music, hence why I like the Red Square track so much :mrgreen:

You gotta admit, since you probably bought off the same guy I did, he ships Damn fast

Yeah more themes would have been nice.

I would've also like more use of theme in the various tracks. Too much chaotic music without melody.

LOL I just got the same copy off of eBay for $5.00 as well.

Actually I find it to be more serious than the MOH series. I like it.

Yeah Giacchino said this score was going to be more about the horror and intensity of war since its a very different game than MOH was.

You're not much of a gambling man are you?

Sure I am, when the odds are in my favour. I'm just an opportuntist. :)

I still want more themes then just random action music, hence why I like the Red Square track so much

It's not random it's rhythmic and some of the best music for a video game. The score is his best score I think, much better than MOH which sounds sort of.... childish like compared to COD, MOH is a little corny and too easy listening I'm afraid but COD is real music. :P

Giacchino's will be scoring a new Game from LucasArts and Pandemic studios called MERCENARIES.

Link: http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/mercen..._6091361-2.html

I hope LucasAtrs hires him for Star Wars and Indy someday :P

Giacchino's will be scoring a new Game from LucasArts and Pandemic studios called MERCENARIES.

Link: http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/mercen..._6091361-2.html

I hope LucasAtrs hires him for Star Wars and Indy someday :thumbup:

Yeah I read that. Sounds good!

Now we can see Giacchino try his hand at scoring a spy/action/thriller genre.

Looks like some Vice City style game. What kind of score can this have though? Maybe a matrix like techno thing... I dunno if it's material that's great for a score.

4 days left. I bet the most intensive biddign will happen in the last 5 hours.

:) Alan Silvestri- Back To The Future III - Main Titles

Danny Elfman is scoring the Main Theme for Fable, idk if he's doing the rest of the game

May 10th, 2004 at the Walt Disney Concert Hall in Los Angeles, there will be the first ever Final Fantasy concert(in the U.S. anyway)

Elfman is just doing the main theme. Som other guy is handlingthe rest. As for that FF concert. I heard about it online months ago. Sadly I cannot go to it. :P

The Call of Duty expansion pack is coming out, hopefully Michael will be up for scoring some more music

We just had an argument over this, he did do music for the expansions (albeit one)

Again, not true. Michael insisted he write new music for AA. He wanted to write the entire score but the producers would only let him compose 15 minites of new music. Initially, the producers only wanted to use music from the first two games in AA. Michael felt that AA needed its own voice since it was a complete different game then the other MOH's. The producers agreed and Michael got to write some new music which was performed at the same session as MOH: Frontline.  

-Erik-

Ummmmm where does it say in that quote that he wrote new music for the PC expansion pack?

BTW there was TWO expansion packs for MOH:AA (Spearhead and Breakthrough) and Mike didn't write any new music for them. I am virtually positive of this because I played both and I never heard ONE new cue.

My copy of Medal Of Honor just arrived yesterday and it's not a CDR.

I never thought I'd find a copy, and I payed well under $128.00

To clarify... Michael wrote 15 minutes of new music for Medal of Honor: Allied Assault. However, he did not write any new music for the expansion packs!

-Erik-

That $128 is certainly legendary around here. It's the benchmark by which all other CD purchases are compared.

Neil

Mark Olivarez wrote:  

$128 is certainly legendary around here. It's the benchmark by which all other CD purchases are compared.  

Neil

Heh, guess u you guys didn't know that a special soundtrack CD came with the Deluxe Edition of Metal of Honor & Spearhead.... so you get 2 great games and 1 great soundtrack all for the bargain price of $44.99.

But if you already have the game, I think you can just get the MP3s from your MOHAA file, under: MOHAAmainsoundsmusic. That way you get an awesome 1 hour and 32 minutes of great music! Unfortunatly this means you can't fit it all on one CD...

Since you've already paid for the game (hopefully), it's not like stealing music, so everyone's happy- except the guy who paid $128... :(

Damn, this is my most successfull thread ever....

And you have no liking to the thread ever :pukeface:

That $128 is certainly legendary around here. It's the benchmark by which all other CD purchases are compared.  

Neil

Still worth every damn penny! :(

Since you've already paid for the game (hopefully), it's not like stealing music, so everyone's happy- except the guy who paid $128...  

Who said I'm not happy?

Who said I'm not happy?

I suppose I'd forget how much I paid for it too as soon as the main action theme started to build. :(

But if you already have the game, I think you can just get the MP3s from your MOHAA file, under: MOHAAmainsoundsmusic.

Neat, it's amazing they would be that poor at protecting their cd sales.

Well it's happened. I'm not an official Giacchino freak. :pukeface:

I mean I always liked him of course. I've played Allied Assault many a time always noting how great the score is. But today I recieved Secret Weapons Over Normandy and Call of Duty. SWON. Great theme, the pumping strings kind of sound like TLW. Great choral and percusive work in the score. COD. This is probably Giacchino's most unique work. The terrifying string motif repeated through the first track is for sure an attention grabber. The action cues are far from random and don't really sound a thing like MOH. Excellent stuff on both scores. I also got Christopher Lennertz Medal of Honor: Rising Sun. Great great score. Really keeps Giacchino's bar. Plus there is an awesome use of the Nazi theme from Allied Assault in the score.

Justin - Major Giacchino fan and ready for The Incredibles. :(

Yes, Normandy sounds a lot like the old Empire Strikes Back bombast Williams was known for, doesn't it? :(

----------------

Alex Cremers

Damn, this is my most successfull thread ever....

Thats right and its all because of your beloved Michael Giacchino!!!

Now go over to Ebay and place your bid on the MOH score!

Its too late to turn back now. ;):D

also got Christopher Lennertz Medal of Honor: Rising Sun. Great great score.

How'd you get it Justin?

A friend of mine went to a USC horn ensemble concert last week and heard Michael's piece for 12 horns and bassoon, "Bassoonus Interruptus" - he said it was, and I quote, "AMAZING!!!!!!!!" Anybody else heard this? Or did he write a lot of horn ensemble stuff that I don't know about that you've all already discussed 300 posts ago? (I have to confess, I didn't read them all.... just 100 or so and then I skipped to the end).

also got Christopher Lennertz Medal of Honor: Rising Sun. Great great score.

How'd you get it Justin?

There are MP3s of it online. A link was posted earlier in this thiread.