The Official Michael Giacchino Thread

Thanks for posting that, I saw that this weekend and meant to post it here then forgot

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found this today. No idea if it has been posted before but it's an interesting conversation.

Giacchino and Abrams talk films, music.

Hey cool find! Extremely interesting and entertaining talk between Giacchino and Abrams. :)

Watching that video, I swear that was me sitting up there, outside of becoming a successful director or composer.

It was great to see and hear both Giacchino and Abrams talking about their work and career and passion for films and story telling. Funny down to earth kind of guys with feet planted firmly on the ground making huge movies now but very focused and humble. I was once again amazed when Giacchino admitted how he scored Lost in that most unusual kind of manner because the final product sounds amazingly coherent despite him just scoring episode after episode largely in the dark or without any foreknowledge of the coming events.

• 2 weeks later...

According to Jorge Garcia's girlfriend, Giacchino is scoring the Alcatraz pilot and then his wife will be scoring the rest of the series.

That's right.

Whose wife? Giacchino or Garcia?

If Garcia just has a girl friend (i.e. not married) wouldn't it quite logically suggest Mrs. Giacchino?

If Garcia just has a girl friend (i.e. not married) wouldn't it quite logically suggest Mrs. Giacchino?

It could be an open marriage.

It could be an open marriage.

Ah Alan you and your Vulcan logic!

Hmmm. I wasn't aware that I was married to Michael. In any case, it's just gonna be the same deal as Undercovers. MG scored the pilot a couple weeks ago and it was shown at ComicCon on Wednesday.

Hmmm. I wasn't aware that I was married to Michael. In any case, it's just gonna be the same deal as Undercovers. MG scored the pilot a couple weeks ago and it was shown at ComicCon on Wednesday.

:lol:

Well that pretty much settles who is scoring the show. Thanks Chris!

The world of internet rumours is a thick brew which we obviously like to stir. :stir:

:lol:

Well that pretty much settles who is scoring the show. Thanks Chris!

The world of internet rumours is a thick brew which we obviously like to stir. :stir:

Then again anything could happen!!!

Hey guys, I heard twitter can help me with my hormonal issues. Any truth to this? PS: Keep this to yourself. @DamonLindelof @CarltonCuse
Damn, I meant HERMIONE issues - sorry. @damonlindelof @carltoncuse

:blink: I don't know if it seemed stranger before or after he corrected himself.

You could have at least quoted the tweet

Finished day 1 of writing for MI4... all I have to say is: BURJ.

I'd assume it refers to Burj Khalifa, which I would assume is the tall building seen in the trailer.

• 2 weeks later...

It also seems he'll be scoring a new Prep and Landing:

Recording score for Disneys PREP AND LANDING today! Yesterday Cruise, today Elves, tomorrow Mars... http://t.co/gfO28Ah

http://twitter.com/#!/m_giacchino/status/96625479645274112

Ladies and Gents, meet the directors of the new Prep and Landing... Stevie and Kevin.

http://twitter.com/#!/m_giacchino/status/99502837486194688

Elves? what film he is scoring has elves?

The Hobbit.

Jackson wasn't happy with Shore.

:stir:

Double double toil and trouble,

fire burn and cauldron bubble.

Something wicked this way comes!

Jackson wasn't happy with Shore.

Dude, that would never happen.

Yeah he is not Steven Spielberg. Oh wait...

But the elves comment was referring to Prep and Landing. The very tweet in which he mentioned elves already contained the answer

Recording score for Disneys PREP AND LANDING today! Yesterday Cruise, today Elves, tomorrow Mars... http://t.co/gfO28Ah

Yesterday Cruise = Mission Impossible 4

Today elves = Prep and Landing 2

Tomorrow Mars = John Carter

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...