The Official Michael Giacchino Thread

Damn you know there are SO MANTY projects coming out this summer Giacchino would have been perfect for.

I mean why hire guys like that Revell guy when there are far more talented people out there like Mike.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's hardly a building block for a career. I like how some of his MoH scores seem like extensions of SPR, but otherwise, I'm waiting for The Incredibles, hopefully for Giacchino's unique voice.

That's a pretty strange comment coming from a supposed film score lover. If he has the talent to effectively emulate that style, I would hope this talented person would give us some of his own style.

That's a pretty strange comment coming from a supposed film score lover. If he has the talent to effectively emulate that style, I would hope this talented person would give us some of his own style.

Ohh come on, Star Wars has a few parts that exactly dupicate Korngold and Herrmanns style. If you are familar with Giaachino you will know he does more than just dupicate Williams style. Does the action music of COD sound like Williams? Not at all.

I wouldn't say parts of SW exactly duplicate Korngold and the like. However, I would not say Giacchino exactly duplicates Williams either.

Ohh come on, Star Wars has a few parts that exactly dupicate Korngold and Herrmanns style. If you are familar with Giaachino you will know he does more than just dupicate Williams style. Does the action music of COD sound like Williams? Not at all.

You're diminishing from Williams to praise Giacchino? BURN 'IM!

I think Michael has met Williams a few times... but I'm not 100% sure... I'll ask him.

And as for other composers that compose in a Williamsesque style... Bruce Broughton anyone? How about some of James Newton Howard's recent output? Christopher Lennertz?

Those are only a few I could think of.

-Erik-

JNH's recent output? Maybe a bit of Peter Pan,Certainly some of Treasure Planet, but overall? Hidalgo isn't, Signs isn't.

John Williams has made some strange choices over the years. (Williams is a prominant film composer, he did such films as Star Wars and E.T.)

You heard it right, fellas. Morlock just flat-out said, in the Michael Giacchino thread, that he doesn't trust Williams' opinion. And yet, at the same time, he loves and praises everything Hans Zimmer says or does. Ladies and gentlemen of the board, I think it is clear that we have to question Morlock's loyalty. I propose that from now on we keep a very close eye on this man's actions.

Then again, what are you waiting for?! GET HIM! GET HIM!

Wink

----------------

Alex Cremers

You heard it right, fellas. Morlock just flat-out said, in the Michael Giacchino thread, that he doesn't trust Williams' opinion. And yet, at the same time, he loves and praises everything Hans Zimmer says or does. Ladies and gentlemen of the board, I think it is clear that we have to question Morlock's loyalty. I propose that from now on we keep a very close eye on this man's actions.  

Yes, and trust Alex for interpreting what Morlock said correctly ;)

Williams has made some odd choices over the years, that's all I was saying. Movies he's chosen, people he's chosen.

Yes, and trust Alex for interpreting what Morlock said correctly ;)

Williams has made some odd choices over the years, that's all I was saying. Movies he's chosen, people he's chosen.

Give some examples of these odd choices! ;)

I wonder how John feels about Mike emulating his style.  

I am willing to bet he feels flattered.

I figure John either doesn't notice, or thinks pretender.

I wonder if say 40 years from now our kds will be posting at MGfan.net talking about how Michael Giacchino is the greatest composer of all time.

Wouldn't that be some ironic shit!! :thumbup:

I wonder if say 40 years from now our kds will be posting at MGfan.net talking about how Michael Giacchino is the greatest composer of all time.  

Wouldn't that be some ironic shit!! ;)

:?

Wouldn't that be some ironic shit!! :)

As much as I'd love a great score for The Incredibles, and as much as I'm sure I'll get one, I wouldn't mind for it to totaly suck, just to see you choke on those words! ;)

Wouldn't that be some ironic shit!! :)

No the "ironic shit" is the that this is a thread that Steef started as a joke, and it's proven to be his longest lasting thread. :(

Neil

Ironic: characterized by often poignant difference or incongruity between what is expected and what actually is.

Thus the irony comes from the fact that it's not used in the way it was intended in most cases.

Wouldn't it be some ironic shit if he's a big fan of Williams and posts here.

*cough* Rogue Leader *cough*

Ironic: characterized by often poignant difference or incongruity between what is expected and what actually is.

Thus the irony comes from the fact that it's not used in the way it was intended in most cases.

OK, you need to stop talking!

*cough* Rogue Leader *cough*

You need some cough drops?

No the "ironic shit" is the that this is a thread that Steef started as a joke, and it's proven to be his longest lasting thread.

I'm not so sure Stefancos started this thread as a joke. I think he saw it as an opportunity to make another crack in the John Williams dam.

----------------

Alex Cremers

I'd really like to hear your reasoning behind that statement.

Is it just cause i'm fairly indifferent if Conrad Pope at some point in his collaboration with Williams may have written a note or 2 to help out during a tight scoring schedule?

Wouldn't that be some ironic shit!! :P

As much as I'd love a great score for The Incredibles, and as much as I'm sure I'll get one, I wouldn't mind for it to totaly suck, just to see you choke on those words! :devil:

Hey Hey Hey!

I am not saying I want that to happen. Just saying it would be messed up if it did. IMO Williams IS and SHOULD ALWAYS BE the KING of film scoring.

That would not be ironic at all. The man is CLEARLY a big fan of JW. He emulates his style so closely that the appreciation of Williams' work should be obvious.

I wonder if Mike does any concerts at all?

Haven't heard of him doing any yet.

Give it 5 years and this guy will be a big name composer. YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST!

watched the behind the scenes videos on the 2nd disc of SWON and during the full video of the main theme I could have sworn that Mike was playing with the trumpets