Potterdom Film/Score Series Thread

JoeinAR

Well, now that it's been resurrected, did anyone see that JKR documentary that came out last month? It was really interesting, a great candid look at her as she finished the book and went through the year.

Was it shown in the US? I know it was made for ITV but I don't know if it made it over here.

BTW, there's already been rumors percolating about an 8th book. It won't be Harry-centric I'm sure as JKR has said, but I'd be shocked if she didn't revisit the Potter universe before much time passes.

Well, Rowling did handwrite seven copies of Beedle the Bard (six of them were given to people who helped her on the books, one was auctioned off [the winner was Amazon]).

She has also written on her website about a possible encyclopedia of all the history and information that she knew about the Harry Potter books, but they never made it into the books. She said on an interview that she has tons and tons of information that never was published, so that may be released.

Other than those things, I doubt she will make an eight Potter book.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW, there's already been rumors percolating about an 8th book. It won't be Harry-centric I'm sure as JKR has said, but I'd be shocked if she didn't revisit the Potter universe before much time passes.

She won't write one for a few years,and try to write other genre novels.When she fails at that or is no longer revered as she is now,she will go back to the Potter world and Harry's childrens will be up against a new threat to the wizarrding world.Harry by that time will be a teacher at hogwarts himslef

The encyclopedia (or the "Scottish Book" as she so cleverly put it during her Pottercast interview) is definitely the main/only Potter-related publication that'll come out in the next few years. I doubt she'll continue Harry's story at all, as she's said that she feels he's been through enough and is just enjoying life finally. It would be fun for her to revisit that world though, and write books about the Mauraders' exploits at Hogwarts or something.

Well, now that it's been resurrected, did anyone see that JKR documentary that came out last month? It was really interesting, a great candid look at her as she finished the book and went through the year.

Was it shown in the US? I know it was made for ITV but I don't know if it made it over here.

Well, Rowling did handwrite seven copies of Beedle the Bard (six of them were given to people who helped her on the books, one was auctioned off [the winner was Amazon]).

She has also written on her website about a possible encyclopedia of all the history and information that she knew about the Harry Potter books, but they never made it into the books. She said on an interview that she has tons and tons of information that never was published, so that may be released.

Other than those things, I doubt she will make an eight Potter book.

The "Scottish Book" is seperate from the presumed 8th book. And I didn't mean soon, I'm talking 10-15 years down the road. Like Ray said, she feels Harry's story is complete and if there is an actual new novel it would be something really different.

John- also looking forward to the Scottish play...er, book

• 4 weeks later...
According to MuggleNet, Yates may be directing the seventh film as well. This doesn't really bode well for Williams' return to the series, if any of us were still hoping.

Ray Barnsbury - who still is

Well, I thought the 5th film was the best so far, so I guess I'm sort of pleased. But I think I would really really like JW to score it. If Hooper is attatched to Yates, then I guess I wouldn't want him to direct (although I am a HUGE fan of the OotP score and film--but Hooper will have more chances to score a story like HP, JW might not). The dream team would be Yates and Williams, but I doubt that'll happen. And I'll have to wait for HBP to know for sure whether I want Yates to return. I doubt it--but what are the odds that they'll get two different directors for the two films that DH may be split into (assuming it will be shot as two seperate films)?

Hmm, I was hoping for someone new (or Cuaron) for number seven.

Yes, Cuaron and Williams would be the dream team. I'd care more about Williams' involvement that the director's, though.

Hmm, I was hoping for someone new (or Cuaron) for number seven.

Yes, Cuaron and Williams would be the dream team. I'd care more about Williams' involvement that the director's, though.

I still think Chris Columbus and JW are the dream team for HP.

Yates will end up doing it, I know it. Even worse is that he was supposed to do The Giver, but will drop it to do Deathly Hallows, delaying it several years. I'd rather him do The Giver, I've been waiting for that movie for quite some time.

To be honest, if I had the choice between an excellent movie with a standard score (like OotP) or a crap movie with a Williams score (like CoS), I would choose the former.

I'm just too much of a movie fan (and Potter fan)!

But hey, I'd be extremely happy if they managed to get both Williams and a good movie!

Except that OotP was no excellent movie. It showed a lot of promise and spirit, and large parts of it were very good indeed, but the entire finale was just lame and uninvolving. That kind of thing could ruin DH.

I really don't get much out of the Potter movies anymore. I haven't even bought one on DVD since PoA. I'd honestly rather have a great final Williams Potter score than a great movie. When I want to enjoy the story, I'll read the book. :angry:

Yeah, I would love a Williams score for the last film, almost at any cost....but then I think about the amazing potential the story has, and what it could be in the hands of the right director. I'm not sure that I'd take a Williams score with a bad film over a great film without a Williams score....it's sort of like Sophie's choice. :angry:

I haven't bought a single Potter movie since The Sorcerer's Stone. I've been waiting for that special edition box set with all 7 films. But, since they just made a pretty impressive one for 1-5, I don't think that'll happen. I'll probably just buy Prisoner Of Azkaban on blu-ray and forget the rest. They're all trash anyway.

Yeah, I would love a Williams score for the last film, almost at any cost....but then I think about the amazing potential the story has, and what it could be in the hands of the right director. I'm not sure that I'd take a Williams score with a bad film over a great film without a Williams score....it's sort of like Sophie's choice. :angry:

Best just give us a great film with a Williams score and we're all set!

Except that OotP was no excellent movie. It showed a lot of promise and spirit, and large parts of it were very good indeed, but the entire finale was just lame and uninvolving. That kind of thing could ruin DH.

DH ruined my weekend after seeing the excellent OOTP.

:)

I haven't bought a single Potter movie since The Sorcerer's Stone. I've been waiting for that special edition box set with all 7 films. But, since they just made a pretty impressive one for 1-5, I don't think that'll happen.

Of course it will happen.

they will make another box set after HBP is released too

Williams scoring does mean more to me than the actual quality of the film, but it being good is also a big priority. Either way, Cuaron should direct.

I was hoping (and still am) for Cuaron to return. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban was my favorite film. I would also give anything to have JW return to score the final film. I don't know if I would take a crappy film for a Williams score though, because I loved the final book, and I would hate to see it butchered.

• 4 months later...

This thread was bound to be exhumed sooner or later, so I decided to start the ball by complaining about the release date for HBP in Australia!

December 11? What the hell is that? That's nearly a month after the US/UK!! This is just rubbish. What happened to universal release dates to prevent distribution of pirated copies fo the movie?

It's all the more infuriating when movies like KotCS and TV shows like LOST and Desperate Housewives are currently being shown in Oz no later than a week from their original US airing.

Screw you, WB.

Then you probably won't like the explicit and glamourized sexual scene to be filmed between Harry and Ginny in Deathly Hallows. Gotta appeal to the teeners, you know.

This thread was bound to be exhumed sooner or later, so I decided to start the ball by complaining about the release date for HBP in Australia!

December 11? What the hell is that? That's nearly a month after the US/UK!! This is just rubbish. What happened to universal release dates to prevent distribution of pirated copies fo the movie?

It's all the more infuriating when movies like KotCS and TV shows like LOST and Desperate Housewives are currently being shown in Oz no later than a week from their original US airing.

Screw you, WB.

:) That does suck! If I were you, I'd stay away from this place for that month.

Then you probably won't like the explicit and glamourized sexual scene to be filmed between Harry and Ginny in Deathly Hallows.

Well, I loved the evil!kiss in the woods between H/Hr. Bwhahaha!

Gotta appeal to the teeners, you know.

I know, but with... her??