Potterdom Film/Score Series Thread

JoeinAR

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Emote is, as the root would imply, showing emotion.

How about that Beetle the Bard ?Anyone read that?

I might pick it up after Christmas. I'm looking forward to the encyclopedia thing, if only for any tidbits of post-DH info.

Wait...is there an encyclopedia in the back of BTB? Or are you referring to the seperate thing that Rowling was talking about writing?

Its Tales of Beedle the Bard, KM, and its sold hundreds and hundreds at my store. So in 10 years its just a passing fad, yeah I see how you can come to that conclusion, maybe by being drunk, or from a brain injury. Yeah that John Williams guy, he's just a passing fad too.

Course JKR is giving all proceeds to charity and is not profitting from this bood, despite some here who think she's a money whore.

I might pick it up after Christmas. I'm looking forward to the encyclopedia thing, if only for any tidbits of post-DH info.

Wait...is there an encyclopedia in the back of BTB? Or are you referring to the seperate thing that Rowling was talking about writing?

The seperate thing.

you miss the point indy, and yes at one time JW was the in thing and some thought his popularity was a fad, but you weren't born then.

The seperate thing.

Ah, okay.

you miss the point indy, and yes at one time JW was the in thing and some thought his popularity was a fad, but you weren't born then.

John Williams was never as popular to the general public as Harry Potter.

You underestimate my age, Joe.

The seperate thing.

Ah, okay.

John Williams was never as popular to the general public as Harry Potter.

You underestimate my age, Joe.

were you around in the 70's?

no, cause you weren't you can tell by your posts, and the huge gaps in knowledge, hell you probably can't even drive.

is it a story or random factoids or "poems"?

It has five short stories, one of them being The Tale of the Three Brothers as included in Harry Potter and the Deadly Hallows. Each story has notes by Albus Dumbledore. You'll read it in about two hours, but it's a fun little romp.

I doubt they would pick JW to write the music for the trailer and not the film.

Then if it is JW, probably he will do the movie ROTFLMAO

Did you catch the irony part ...?

By the way, judging from the trailer, is the whole film drenched in that dirty Matrix-green?

When people think of the 1930's today, they go "I can't imagine colour even existing at that time, did people only see in black and white??"

70 years from now, people will wonder "did people really only see in colour graded mirky green in the early 2000's??"

Did you catch the irony part ...?

I caught the joke, but I know that I've praised the music in the past, so I just wanted to make sure that it was known that I disliked the Hedwig variation. For the record.

By the way, judging from the trailer, is the whole film drenched in that dirty Matrix-green?

I think it fits very well for this film.

:lol: That cover is terrible!

The UK covers have always been a bit tacky, that's why I like them. I like it better than the boring US cover for DH, which is just Harry staring up with his arm out. Ooh, dramatic.

The UK covers have always been a bit tacky, that's why I like them. I like it better than the boring US cover for DH, which is just Harry staring up.

I thought PS and COS were the only crappy Bloomsbury covers. The rest were okay.

I've never been a fan of Mary GrandPre's artwork for Scholastic.

The UK covers have always been a bit tacky, that's why I like them. I like it better than the boring US cover for DH, which is just Harry staring up.

I thought PS and COS were the only crappy Bloomsbury covers. The rest were okay.

I've never been a fan of Mary GrandPre's artwork for Scholastic.

Better than what J.K. Rowling had to contribute.

Yeah, I realise that's the extended picture. But that's not what's on the front cover.

Also, what are they both looking for? The Elder Wand? Doesn't make sense to me.

Yup, the Elder Wand. Both Harry and Voldemort are wandless in the picture.

Me either... Her style just doesn't fit with Jo's writing.

How so?

It's too non-naturalistic, it breaks too many conventions of structured art. That'd be fine if the books were unconventional, but they're very structured and rooted in classic mysteries and thrillers. The 'magic' aspect has very little to do with Jo's talent as a storyteller.

When I think "British" and "boarding school novel", heavily stylised (and in my opinion of the first three covers, sloppy) images do not come to mind.