Potterdom Film/Score Series Thread

JoeinAR

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is so epic about the movie that would require such a budget? Its not like their making a movie about some epic war like the upcoming Alexander films.

:)

HPFAN_2 - Who always considered Gof the epic of the five.

Well HP fan can you explain how GoF might require such a unprecedented budget?

I'm serious! I really want to know why this film would need such a insurmountable figure.

lets see, 4 dragons, a giant maze, a city under the lake, a sailing ship,

a quidditch world cup, and a climatic rebirth and battle between Harry and Voldemort.

I think Ang Lee would do a good job on Potter movies. The man's very versatile and showed he he can do amazingly fine British costume dramas (Sense and Sensibility).

a quidditch world cup, and a climatic rebirth and battle between Harry and Voldemort.

Uncontrollable shivers of anticipation . . . :sigh:

Ray Barnsbury-embracing geekdom

POA has a $200 million budget and GOF is definitely longer and much more epic, so I'm not so surprised.

I'm more worried about the director.

Believe me when I say that the director will be monitored. These are first and formost formula, and franchise films. The must be of good quality to make money, if they should happen to achieve greatness, that is just an extra added bonus.

The first two movies had stuff like that and they didn't cost anywhere near as much.

No, William, we didn't have 4 fully grown dragons, let alone one. Nothing close to a maze like this, no city under the lake, no sailing ship that appears out of a whirlpool, we've had Quidditch, but nothing on this scale with over 100,000 witches and wizards, and nothing like the rebirth of Voldemort, and the heartwrenching battle between Harry and Voldemort.

And your forgetting the aging of fred and george,

Madame Mallemour's carriage and animals

Mad Eye Moody's magical trunk

Bill and Charlie's table fight

That poor muggle family in the air

OH STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT! ITS LIKE THE WAIT FOR OOTP ALL OVER AGAIN    PLEAZE DO STOP IT!

The Giganitc dark mark, I almost forgot that.

OH STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT! ITS LIKE THE WAIT FOR OOTP ALL OVER AGAIN PLEAZE DO STOP IT!

No, it's fun speculating over these things! I can' wait to see this one, but I know PoA will be fantastic. That will more than suffice in the wait for the next two movies and Book 6.

and the quidditch world cup mascots

I hope they handle those well, they have the potential to be really funny.

Ray Barnsbury - "The leprechauns . . . formed a giant hand, which was making a very rude sign indeed at the veela across the field."

Hmmm, I don't know if I want to listen to it prematurely again. I'd rather watch the movie and buy the soundtrack the same day. It's not that I'm not excited, Hell, I've been waiting for this score since I heard the first one. I heard the AOL presentation of CoS weeks before seeing the movie. When I bought the soundtrack most of the amazement and shivers disappeared as I listened to it so many times before. And the whole time I listened to the AOL presentation I thought Fawkes the Phoenix was the theme for the Flying Car, don;t ask me why. And I thought the Chamber of Secrets was an inverted version of Hedwig's Theme.

For CoS I waited until seeing the movie before buying the score, just because I usually buy scores right away before seeing the films. It was so tough to wait, especially with the AOL early release thing. I'm not even going to try to wait for PoA, I'm listening to it the first chance I get!

Ray Barnsbury

I thought Fawkes the Phoenix was the theme for the Flying Car, don;t ask me why. And I thought the Chamber of Secrets was an inverted version of Hedwig's Theme.

That's called thematic unity or something. ;)

Well anyway as for the third film I think if it doesn;t make as much as the second one did they may significantly scale back that 308 million dollar budget.

That's a whole lot to invest into a movie that will be clocked in at about 2:30. Maybe the fourth movie of Harry Potter will be including bullet-time in the Quidditch scenes. lol

Well anyway as for the third film I think if it doesn;t make as much as the second one did they may significantly scale back that 308 million dollar budget.

That's a whole lot to invest into a movie that will be clocked in at about 2:30. Maybe the fourth movie of Harry Potter will be including bullet-time in the Quidditch scenes. lol

Don't forget the stylistic "flash" cutting that these movies keep using nowadays. :|

It's when a shot is digitally sped up or slowed down in the editing process. Watch 32 seconds into the POA trailer on the shot of the choir being conducted.

Neil

I watched and saw, but it looks to me as if that is for the trailer, and might not be in the film.

I watched and saw, but it looks to me as if that is for the trailer, and might not be in the film.

I did say "the POA trailer". I have no idea if it's in the film or not. I hope not.

Neil

you learn something new everyday......speed ramp. hmm... i don't think it would be too bad if that shot was in the movie. it would give it a moulin rouge kind of style.....but one of those shots goes along way and yes, is probably out of character for HP.

you learn something new everyday......speed ramp.  hmm... i don't think it would be too bad if that shot was in the movie.  it would give it a moulin rouge kind of style.....but one of those shots goes along way and yes, is probably out of character for HP.

If you want my opinion, they don't belong anywhere near movies. Maybe they are okay for music videos and advertisements.

Neil