Harry Potter = Attack of the Clones?

Ross

Is it just me or the motif heard in the Harry Potter soundtrack, (track 5, 2:10 on) is PRETTY close to the Mistery Motif from Attack of the Clones.

Hmmm. Maybe Williams should take a break before his next movie once his 2001-2002 tour de force is over.

-ROSS

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me or the motif heard in the Harry Potter soundtrack, (track 5, 2:10 on) is PRETTY close to the Mistery Motif from Attack of the Clones. ROSS

But the Harry Potter score is wonderful. Thats the big difference.

I much rather Love Pledge and the Arena than the whole Harry Potter score. Not that it's bad, but AOTC is, in my opinion, superior.

-ROSS, who still likes the Potter score.

Is it just me or the motif heard in the Harry Potter soundtrack, (track 5, 2:10 on) is PRETTY close to the Mistery Motif from Attack of the Clones.  

No, but just before it and after is Jabba's theme which is also in ET :)

But the Shmi death music from AOTC in is Minority Report in Psychic Truth and Finale.

I much rather Love Pledge and the Arena than the whole Harry Potter score. Not that it's bad, but AOTC is, in my opinion, superior.

-ROSS, who still likes the Potter score.

I still like AOTC . . . but I MUCH prefer Potter. For me personally, it's just more fun. More exciting. And a NEW series . . . not that Star Wars is wearing out it's welcome, praytell . . .

I'd reiterate my desire for a 2-disc Potter, but I think everyone here has already expressed this to death. :angry:

Ross, I heard that connection. It's easy to notice.

However, this is kind of like saying that three notes of the Imperial March pop up in Nixon. I don't think it means Williams is lazy; I think he just felt those notes in that order played by that instrument conveyed a particular emotion suitable for that film.

I'd like to end this post on a high note: (flasetto voice emanates from me) :)

I just want to say that I agree with Ren. This Score is awesome. If you don't like it, you'll have to listen to it more often.....maybe.  :)

Perhaps you are right. After all, I have only listened to that score a very few times (about 5 at the most) because it didn't grip me the first time I did. Maybe I should take the time to study it profoundly.

I'm not saying, God forbid, that Williams is lazy. I'm only saying that if an artist takes little time between a piece and other he doesn't have a chance to mature and therefore will provide little originality.

Williams has proven that he can deliver originality within small spaces of time (i.e. Harry Potter sounds closer to TPM than to AOTC) but that doesn't mean it's 100% good to work "wall-to-wall" like he's doing.

I understand what you are saying but out of all the composers he is the only one that is original from one film to the next, look at Minority Report, and AOTC, both are departures for him. A.I. was completely different to Harry Potter and TPM. Not to mention all his concert pieces that are completely different to his film work.... Most other composers sound the same over and over and over.

I understand what you are saying but out of all the composers he is the only one that is original from one film to the next, look at Minority Report, and AOTC, both are departures for him.  A.I. was completely different to Harry Potter and TPM.  Not to mention all his concert pieces that are completely different to his film work....  Most other composers sound the same over and over and over.

Behold...the power of John Williams. :mrgreen:

~Harry

Most other composers sound the same over and over and over.

No, rather many other composers :mrgreen:

Minority Report, and AOTC, both are departures for him. A.I. was completely different to Harry Potter and TPM.

Most of these scores are just an evolution beyond TPM and the lost world rather than something totally new :) Though AI and AOTC have some quite new sections.

However, this is kind of like saying that three notes of the Imperial March pop up in Nixon

In ET is somthing similar isn't it?

Never noticed it in ET, and I've committed that score to memory.

However, this is kind of like saying that three notes of the Imperial March pop up in Nixon

In ET is somthing similar isn't it?

Never noticed it in ET, and I've committed that score to memory.

Sorry i had an error. I meant the badguys theme in ET is similar to bobba Fett escape (whe he is 'marching with solo in carbonite).