ET segment with possible new Minority Report Music

KittBash

I was watching Entertainment Tonight and there was a segment on Minority Report for a Tom Cruise week they are having. I really didn't get to listen that well because of some noise around the house. BUT it sounded like it was NEW Williams music! Hopefully someone here got a better listen!

Brian 99_1 - Hopes Minority Report continues 2 of the best Williams

years in a while. (Not that he ever has that bad of a year

anyway :music: )

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, what is this score going to sound like? The question's just boggling my mind right now. Will it sound like the action music of AOTC? Will it sound like the Techno music of AI? Will it sound like Jerry Goldsmith!?!? (doubt it) Anyways, it's good to have a score and movie to look forward to right after Star Wars. This way instead of a cliff dropout it's a gentle slide down of anticipation. I think both are gonna be great too. John Williams gets a chance to really go out there and experiment, Steven Spielberg gets to make a fun action movie.

Plus Kathryn Morris is in it! You may remember her as agent Wilhelmina(sp?) in the Contender and as the red headed fox wearing red white and blue during the Flesh Fair in AI. :music:

NP: Schindler's List

with only 4 weeks until the cd we had already heard AOTC. I find it funny that know one knows when it was recorded, where it was recorded, and why no early releases are available.

Joe.

It's odd that there hasn't been any news about the recording. I'm sure it was recorded at the Sony Pictures Scoring Stage. I may call a friend at Sony and find out if Johnny was there recording recently.

Dan - who's stood on the conductor's podium at the holy site

:music: "Looking For Work" from Angela's Ashes

The trailer that runs before Episode II is, to my understanding, temp score from various Zimmer and Goldsmith scores. I think the trailer was assembled before Johnny recorded the score.

Dan - who must call his friend at Sony and find out if Johnny's already recorded

:) "Ranch Reveal" from Patch Adams (Shaiman)

A friend of mine said it was from the 13th Warrior when we saw the trailer before AOTC started. And he has that CD so it is be probably that music.

Yes, that's what I read too. I'm going to buy The 13th Warrior soon 'cause it sounds like it might have some of Jerry's best action writing...

Dan - ....who thinks Jerry's action cues are far superior to his melodic cues

:) "Going Home" from The Affair Of The Necklace (D. Newman)

Yeah the Trailer for Minority Report at AOTC had music from the 13th warrior! If you liked Goldsmith's Mummy then you will like the 13th Warrior. in fact it's actually better in some spots than the mummy!

I was hopping the trailer before AOTC would have the music I heard that night on Entertainment Tonight but Hey if what I heard on ET was NEW Williams stuff then we are in for a treat with Minority Report! HECK if it isn't what I heard we're still in for a treat! :)